11 New Deathly Hallows Character Posters

Movies
Posted by: Melissa
June 08, 2011, 02:31 PM

WB just revealed 11 new posters for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, l showing the series' characters mid-battle or at important moments:

More here (or below):
Ron

Hermione

Voldemort

The Twins

Neville

McGonagall

Snape

Griphook

Bellatrix

Malfoy

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

MCGONAGALL HAS NEVER BEEN MORE OF A BAMF!!! Oh I cannot wait I will die counting down to Leaky Con. Today, I begin re-reading all seven HP books in preparation for this epic movie. Great galloping statues I am excited!

Posted by Bless_the_children on June 08, 2011, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

where can you buy posters like these? From Warner Bros themselves??

Posted by Emmasquared on June 08, 2011, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

OH MAN! These pictures are so intense! I’m betting this movie will be an amazing emotional onslaught.

Posted by Cat de la Creme on June 08, 2011, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Wow, check out Malfoy’s sneer! He looks very evil indeed.

Posted by Bless_the_children on June 08, 2011, 03:34 PM report to moderator
36092_413458367392_510337392_4413964_2353715_n_thumb

these are absolutely amazing, excited to see the twins and mcgonagall get posters. hope to see ones for hagrid, lune, lupin, and tonks

Posted by mr.cheerful on June 08, 2011, 03:43 PM report to moderator
36092_413458367392_510337392_4413964_2353715_n_thumb

*luna, sorry

Posted by mr.cheerful on June 08, 2011, 03:44 PM report to moderator
757920_thumb

MCGONAGALL!!!!

<3 the twins, Bellatrix, Snape

Hermione’s seems kind of…boring. :( I love Hermione.

The colors are amazing.

Can’t open Griphook either…

Posted by Beckatrix the Strange on June 08, 2011, 03:44 PM report to moderator
36092_413458367392_510337392_4413964_2353715_n_thumb

and ginny and lucius should get one as well

Posted by mr.cheerful on June 08, 2011, 03:51 PM report to moderator

all of these are just FANTASTIC!!!!

Posted by sana_s on June 08, 2011, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

oh my gosh these are epic!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 08, 2011, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I don’t know they are completely CGed or just airbrushed out to oblivion but these look more like scenes from a comic book than they do movie posters. Frankly, this does nothing to ease my feelings of foreboding. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Posted by DeliaDee on June 08, 2011, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

I actually really dislike most of these (with exceptions of Snape and McGonagall and maybe Neville), and some more than others (Bellatrix much more than the trio, especially Ron & Harry). Like @All Was Well said, (by the way, great username), this looks as if appealing to 12 year guys, myself including, advertising an ‘intense’ superhero movie, (like Thor)..

Really Deathly Hallows is SO much more than that, and I don’t think these posters well represented that. The movie I believe will be great..but these posters no? In my opinion, here’s what should be the posters:

Harry— Walking into the forest NOT having a “OOH LOOK WAND BRIGHT COLOURS, INTENSE, SHOOTING, BANG!!!!!!” moment
Ron- A worried look as running, not too dramatic, nice & subtle
Hermione- Being Hermione—that is kicking a** with her good spellwork, not this poster xP

It should be artisticly dramatic, bittersweet, yet epic. Most of these (to me) look like BANG BANG BOOM BOOM MAGIC POWERS!!
Lol ;P

But really overall— well done.

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 08, 2011, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

McGonagall looks beautiful – definitely the best one. Snape, unfortunately, appears to be conducting an orchestra. Hermione’s wand looks like a pistol. Draco’s wand hand doesn’t even look like a hand – more like a teratoma. And now we see that Neville is straddling Nagini’s tail in this scene – has he already killed it, or are they still battling? I wonder if we are missing what he’s looking at in the foreground.

If more posters are yet to come, I would dearly love to see Molly in full fight mode.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 08, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

LOL @ DeliaDee—be very afraid XP
Agree with comic book statement, of course.

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 08, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Lego_me_thumb

No Ginny or Luna?

Posted by Phil Boswell on June 08, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator

"Oh that's my Foe-Glass. See them out there, skulking around? I'm not really in trouble until I see the whites of their eyes. That's when I open my trunk."[br]He let out a short, harsh laugh, and pointed to the large trunk under the window. It had seven k

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014