Daniel Radcliffe to Sing at the Tony Awards

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
June 07, 2011, 03:23 AM

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is set to sing at the 2011 Tony Awards this Sunday, 12th June, according to both AP and the official Tony Awards website. The actor will perform "Brotherhood of Man" from "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", the Broadway musical in which he stars in a leading role. Announcing his performance at the Tony Awards, Radcliffe commented, "I think we're one of the first, if not the first." The awards ceremony begins at 8/7c on CBS, so tune in early to make sure you catch the performance!

Adds AP:

Radcliffe was passed over for a Tony nomination, but says he's pulling for co-stars John Larroquette and Tammy Blanchard, who are up for awards. "If John won it would be just amazing," he says. "Only because I have a lot of scenes with him."
Find out more about the Tony Awards here on the official website.
Thanks to Robert for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

It will be great!!
I had the luck of attending the show on broadway and I still cant believe how great it is and how DanielĀ“s performance is stunning

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on June 07, 2011, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Yeah, no big surprise there…

Posted by Won_Two on June 07, 2011, 10:06 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

I agree with those wishing he would perform a different number. I already saw the videos of them performing Brotherhood of Man on the View and Letterman. It’s gonna be cool to watch him do it at the Tony’s anyways, but yeah, it’d be cool to see something different ;-)

Posted by Felipe on June 07, 2011, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I can’t wait to see this! I’d LOVE to see this musical live! (I know we all would). I’ve never heard Dan sing – I bet he’s fantastic on stage; he’s got so much energy and charisma.

Posted by Smitch on June 08, 2011, 07:58 AM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I can’t wait to hear him. He actually is a really good singer.

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on June 08, 2011, 08:35 AM report to moderator

I was wondering whether or not he was going to perform. Hooray! Now all I have to do is secure the rights to the TV. :)

Posted by Erin Lovegood on June 08, 2011, 09:03 AM report to moderator

so watching the Tony’s now!!!!

Posted by hp12369 on June 08, 2011, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Whooohooo!he is a good singer! Go Daniel

Posted by farewell_fred on June 09, 2011, 03:29 PM report to moderator

Hmmm. I wish Daniel had a singing monologue in Harry Potter! =]

Posted by . on June 09, 2011, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

I can’t decide if he’s a good singer or not…

Posted by Miss Weasley on June 10, 2011, 04:29 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I just wish he’d sing another song, but I supposed this one looks kind of spectacular

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 12, 2011, 08:37 AM report to moderator

"We haven't been down to visit Hagrid yet," said Harry.[br]"Okay," said Ron, "just as long as he doesn't ask us to donate a few fingers to the skrewts."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014