First Pottermore Preview: Introduction to Chapter 6 of Sorcerer's Stone

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 30, 2011, 12:22 PM

The first of three Pottermore previews has been unveiled through Twitter, and gives a quick glimpse at the introduction to Chapter 6 of Sorcerer's Stone: 'The Journey From Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.'

Click here to see the screenshot.

Interactive features which will be included in chapter 6 are the Hogwarts Express and The Journey to Hogwarts. More previews will be released in the coming days, so stick close by!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

16880063_thumb

It does give us a little information. For instance, there is clearly a Facebook-friendly element to Pottermore, which in some ways suggests an aspect of social networking. However, I was a little disappointed. Maybe the next screen shots will be a little more exciting?

Posted by Carmen Black on June 30, 2011, 01:34 PM report to moderator

Any word of whether you will be able to experience the site on say…and iPad?

Posted by marauder.cw on June 30, 2011, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Its really exciting!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 30, 2011, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Wow that looks cool. Cant wait for it to open

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 30, 2011, 01:55 PM report to moderator

Looks like it is going to be awesome! However must agree with WeenyOwl. This Facebook and Twitter stuff just invades ones personal space and opens one up to hacking and viruses. Just got rid of one recently and it cost me my entire hard drive and then three more on a new laptop. Am still signing up for Pottermore!!!

Posted by hewy on June 30, 2011, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I can’t wait, hanging on and checking Leaky religiously until 31 July!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on June 30, 2011, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

oh God! my life is over.

Posted by Matea on June 30, 2011, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Gryfindor_lion_thumb

There’s only a screenshot?? I’m feeling a bit disappointed………

Posted by Patronus 27 on June 30, 2011, 02:45 PM report to moderator

Have you noticed that everything to do with Harry Potter involves waiting for a long time :)

Posted by DavidTheUnready on June 30, 2011, 03:16 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

I feel so teased! :-P
I can’t wait for this!!! :-D

Posted by Felipe on June 30, 2011, 04:07 PM report to moderator

I really want to read it, but I want it to be a surprise when it comes out! :D

Posted by . on June 30, 2011, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

The screenshot looks amazing! Pottermore looks like a really great site. I cant wait to see more! :D

Posted by LunaLuver on June 30, 2011, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

It seems like maybe each chapter or page we go through,there will also be a virtual video we can see,move through, like a video game? or pic we can move and see what is around us,with sound? I’m excited either way.I trust Jo.I know it will be good! Looks fun!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 30, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

This looks like a really good learning tool aswell for schools that are reading the books chapter by chapter in class. Clever Jo, very clever!

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 30, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

Looks like it will go chapter by chapter?

Posted by willowandlaylasmom on June 30, 2011, 09:00 PM report to moderator

[i]"Hem, hem,"[/i] said Professor Umbridge.[br]"I wonder," said Professor McGonagall in cold fury, turning on Professor Umbridge, "how you expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally pe