Evanna Lynch to Appear at LeakyCon 2011!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
June 03, 2011, 01:08 PM

Leaky and LeakyCon are what can only be described as totally-freakin'-thrilled to announce that Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna Lovegood, will be joning the festivities at LeakyCon 2011, our conference in Orlando, Fl, next month.

In 2006 Evanna Lynch answered an open casting call for the role of Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter films, and her life was changed forever. She went from being one of the series' most ardent fans to the cinematic personification of one of the fans' favorite characters. She was 14, and had only acted in school plays before; she took to the role with a level of passion and spirit only a true fan can apply. She has played Luna in the final half of the Potter films to acclaim by fans and critics alike, and remains one of Harry Potter's most enthusiastic supporters.

Evanna has also turned her creativity to fashion, bringing to life Luna's famous radish earrings as well as designing the lion hat worn by Luna in the sixth film. She has actively supported charity efforts such as the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Ireland and the HP Alliance, speaking out on issues of self-esteem and body image. She is currently finishing her studies and is excited to continue her acting career after Harry Potter.

LeakyCon 2011 is honored to call Evanna Lynch a friend, and yet even prouder to add her to the roster of special guests this July.

Evanna will be doing signings (for which there will be no charge) and photo sessions, which are available (but not guaranteed) for all registered attendees. (We are arranging a system that assures our best efforts.) Access to the photos and signings will be prioritized by level of registration.

You can now register for a new keynote featuring Evanna and all the attending actors. This will be SATURDAY, JULY 16, at 1pm. (This does not interfere with any other keynote - in fact it is on the same stage as StarKid and more than an hour after that is over. :)

This keynote is available to add to your registration from inside your LeakyCon.com account. Please login at LeakyCon.com, go to the My Registration page and look for this keynote to add to your events. Attendees of this event will be given priority access to photos and signings with Evanna as well.

This is the fourth and last of our keynote annoncements. We will be announcing and highlighting more special events over the next week, and releasing a full schedule soon.

Main registration for LeakyCon 2011 is now sold out, but you can add your name to a waiting list here. Our park event, "Open at the Close," is also sold out, and you may add your name to the waiting list here. Two of our previously announced keynotes - Arthur Levine and StarKid Potter - are also sold out, but this one as well as our EA Games are available. However we anticipate they will both sell out as well, so please be speedy.

Help us celebrate Evanna's presence by sending an excited tweet to @evy_lynch. :)

Less than 40 days to go! See you SOON!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Wand_thumb

WISH I COULD GO!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 03, 2011, 05:55 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Not fair ! .. And a dang good pic of Evy too ..

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 03, 2011, 06:38 PM report to moderator

I wish I was going, I mean I was wishing before… and with every update a little more… but now - this is amazing!!! A great way to finish it all off…. I hope everyone going has the time of their lives, and drink an extra butterbeer for all of us who cant!

Posted by hermione06 on June 03, 2011, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

ARGH! I want to go sooo bad!!!!!

Posted by Jacket on June 03, 2011, 09:26 PM report to moderator

so jealous. all i can say is i’m glad jo’s not coming to leakycon cause if she were i would cry.
i moved overseas just a few days ago and i hate that i’m missing leakycon. :(

Posted by raisaers on June 04, 2011, 05:23 AM report to moderator
Halloween-purple-lovely-witch_thumb

Oh!!! I wish I could go too….=(

Posted by purplewitch on June 04, 2011, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Roses2_thumb

Does she have a MyLeaky account?

Posted by CassidyWeasley:) on June 04, 2011, 02:10 PM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

No FRICKEN way!! There better be a LeakyCon2012… :)

Posted by jammjcpotter on June 04, 2011, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

OMG OMG Evanna is gonna be there?!! Damn it, why can´t I go!!
It makes me so angry when something so great happens and you can´t go on it!! Always always in USA, I freaking HATE that!!! Oh well…..maybe another time…

Posted by jessyginny on June 04, 2011, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Polina_kouklina_as_lily_evans_by_veeverrverity_thumb

I cant go! what am i going to do, i mean Evanna is AWSOME!!!! Why can i go : (

Posted by Lily Evans on June 04, 2011, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I wish I could go so much!

Posted by hermione198k on June 05, 2011, 02:03 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

oh how i wish i could meet her :’( she absolutely brings Luna to life!

Posted by mencia on June 06, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

OMG IM SO JEALOUS I CANT BE THERE!!! THATS FLIPPIN AMAZING!!!!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 06, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

That is a good photo of Evanna. I loved the way she portrayed Luna, and am glad she will be in the last movie. Sorry I can not get to Leaky Con.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 06, 2011, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_005_thumb

hi please join my call of duty modern warfare 2 group!
thanks:)

Posted by THEWIZARDGAMER-ARLEN on June 07, 2011, 12:05 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

[i]"Hem, hem,"[/i] said Professor Umbridge.[br][i]"Yes?"[/i] said Professor McGonagall...[br]"I was just wondering, Professor, whether you received my note telling you of the date and time of your inspec --"[br]"Obviously I received it, or I would have as