CNN Special "Harry Potter: The Final Chapter" to air July 10, 2011

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 28, 2011, 03:40 PM

CNN has announced a special program, "Harry Potter: The Final Chapter," hosted by journalist Larry King will air on Sunday, July 10 at 8 and 11 p.m. EST.

The program will feature exclusive interviews with the cast including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Helena Bonham Carter, and Robbie Coltrane. James and Oliver Phelps will also "take viewers on a tour of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter...and interact with fans on the eve of the final Harry Potter movie."

Radcliffe, calling the final Potter film a “hell of a movie,” tells King that he “wept like a child on that last day” of filming.  The three main stars, who have spent half of their lives playing these characters, open up to King and reflect on the end of the series of films.  “I was so young, it’s difficult to remember much of my life before this thing happened to me,” Watson says.  “I was still losing my baby teeth” while playing Hermione. Grint says after 10 years of his life playing Ron Weasley, leaving the character behind was “quite a big kind of shock.”
During the special, CNN will also premiere never-before-seen footage from the final film and go behind-the-scenes of the making of "Part 2" with the special effects team.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Petunia2_thumb

Darn it, I wish I had cable TV! If anyone with tech knowledge is reading this, please post the special on Youtube for us poor folk!

Posted by Mad But Happy on June 28, 2011, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Posted by Mad But Happy on June 28, 2011, 03:48 PM report to moderator

this is crazy awesome! and CRAZY scary—- the end is coming so fast!!!!

Posted by hermione06 on June 28, 2011, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

So excited! I’ll be out of town but I’ll be taping it for sure and watching it the next day!

Posted by Jacket on June 28, 2011, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Anyone else wonder if the cast are getting tired these yet?

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on June 28, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2011-05-29_at_12

SO EXCITED!!! I’m also gonna be away but I’m gonna leave a huge note on the tv for my parents so they don’t forget to record it :)

Posted by mollythemuggle114 on June 28, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I thought old Larry retired…

Posted by Won_Two on June 28, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Call_me_snuffles_thumb

COOL!!! I saw an Larry King’s interview with Radcliffe a few years ago and am hoping this one is as good! Yay, I’m totally watching this.

Posted by Free Elf on June 28, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Great!!! I hope Alan shows up the poop.He needs to do many interviews now it’s ending.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 28, 2011, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Can’t wait!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 28, 2011, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Awesome must remember to watch!

Posted by farewell_fred on June 28, 2011, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

This is so cool! AWESOME!

Posted by silverkacy on June 28, 2011, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This a great! I’ll set my DVR to record it. :D

Posted by LunaLuver on June 28, 2011, 08:04 PM report to moderator

I’m so excited! What’s even more amazing is that it’s not on cable! :D

Posted by . on June 28, 2011, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Cool! I’ll have to watch that!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on June 28, 2011, 10:25 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position," Lockhart told the silent crowd. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."[br]"I wouldn't bet on that," Harry murm