Ask Your Pottermore Questions

Books
Posted by: Melissa
June 28, 2011, 11:00 AM

Hi all!

We know that a lot of you have questions about Pottermore, J.K. Rowling's new and recently announced Web site. We've seen questions about how it will work, what it will look like, what it will contain, and more.

The team at Pottermore have asked us to help collect your questions so they can answer some things for you. Not everything (for instance, about exactly what will happen on July 31, or more details about J.K. Rowling's involvement) can be answered, but if you want some more detail about the site, how to compete for the house cup, how to progress through the story, etc., then this is the opportunity.

Just TWEET your question to @leaky using the hashtag #pottermore starting right now. Leaky's team will sort through them and send the most-asked questions to Pottermore by the end of this week.

Thanks, everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Ootp_tumblr_thumb

dont have one either, but maybe i should get one…hmm

Posted by hermy007 on June 28, 2011, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

@ Gwynog’srabbit: that is an unusual email but you could just sign up for a yahoo account. It’s free and I’m sure pottermore would recognize it as valid. I sometimes use my yahoo email when I don’t really want someone to have access to my regular one.

I have twitter but don’t use it often. I’ll have to think about a question. For the moment, I’m willing to just wait and see what happens.

Posted by Eeyore on June 28, 2011, 02:45 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Maybe someone who does have a twitter account, could collect some of the questions posted on here and send them in. Just by reading the article, I don’t think they are going to collect the questions that are posted in the comments section of the news article. I could be wrong and Leaky may surprise me!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on June 28, 2011, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I don’t have a twitter account but my question would be whether we will find out what other common rooms look like and what information (such as the history of that house etc.) is given in them? It doesn’t have to be the full experience – it could for example be in a book in the library (if we get to see the library) – but it would be nice to find out the new information about the other house as well.

Posted by roonwit on June 28, 2011, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Darn it I dont have a twitter, yet. I’m planning on opening one soon though, mainly to keep up with the HP actors. My question would be is are the usernames going to be like here on Leaky, anything we want, or do that have to be a certain way? And if you are lucky enough on July 31st, what will we have access to?

Posted by LunaLuver on June 28, 2011, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

@roonwit—
Um it was already said we’d know all of what you just asked..Are you joking? :P

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 28, 2011, 03:33 PM report to moderator

Ugh, I don’t have a twitter. . . . D;

Posted by . on June 28, 2011, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

Not everyone has Twitter. But I do have a few questions: Will this be a linear experience or will we be able to roam freely though all of the online books as we wish? Also, will we learn anything more about Filch’s attachment to Mrs. Norris?

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on June 28, 2011, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Is it really going to be totally free? Or will it only be free until a certain point/book? Forgive me for being skeptical, but I’ve been raised under the notion that there is no such thing as free lunch! It seems too good to be true!

Posted by Mad But Happy on June 28, 2011, 03:50 PM report to moderator

What is all this nonsense about a challenge? I thought it was the first million to register. Has a challenge been officially announced by either JK Rowling or Pottermore?

Posted by tim_2006 on June 28, 2011, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

tim_2006: read the press release http://assets.pottermore.com/emcp/downloads/pottermore_pressrelease_230611.pdf which says “From today, 23rd June, fans can
submit their email addresses on Pottermore.com in order to be contacted by the site following the opening of registration on 31st July, Harry’s birthday. Also on that date, an online challenge will be launched, whereby the first million people to complete their registration will gain early entry into the website, and help put final touches to the experience.” which sounds to me as if there is more to it than just being the first to give your name.

Posted by roonwit on June 28, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Mad But Happy: I believe Jo when she says it will be free and it is to give something back to the fans, though if you happen to be inspired to buy an e-book (available from the site) I am sure they won’t complain.

Posted by roonwit on June 28, 2011, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Too bad I don’t have Twitter. :( AND too bad we can’t ask how to get on early! Silly people. But I agree, the whole when will it start on the 31st thing…. And I guess more about…how it works? Is it a game, is it a social networking thing, is it just an interactive way of reading the books?

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on June 28, 2011, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I am not a TWIT… & do not have any plans to ever be a TWIT… Ask your own questions!

Posted by Won_Two on June 28, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

@Eeyore thanks! I thought of doing something like that but was worried how hackable those kind of emails may be. But if it comes down to the wire I’m getting one – probably yahoo like you suggested. Thanks!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 28, 2011, 04:45 PM report to moderator

Zabini gave a tiny little cough that was clearly supposed to indicate amused skepticism. An angry voice burst out from behind Slughorn.[br]"Yeah, Zabini, because [i]you're[/i] so talented... at posing..."