Ask Your Pottermore Questions

Books
Posted by: Melissa
June 28, 2011, 11:00 AM

Hi all!

We know that a lot of you have questions about Pottermore, J.K. Rowling's new and recently announced Web site. We've seen questions about how it will work, what it will look like, what it will contain, and more.

The team at Pottermore have asked us to help collect your questions so they can answer some things for you. Not everything (for instance, about exactly what will happen on July 31, or more details about J.K. Rowling's involvement) can be answered, but if you want some more detail about the site, how to compete for the house cup, how to progress through the story, etc., then this is the opportunity.

Just TWEET your question to @leaky using the hashtag #pottermore starting right now. Leaky's team will sort through them and send the most-asked questions to Pottermore by the end of this week.

Thanks, everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Gryfindor_lion_thumb

Sad, I didn’t have twitter….. :-((

Posted by Patronus 27 on June 28, 2011, 12:08 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

first to comment yeeppy, I want to know what do they mean by giving fans the chance to write the books? how will that work? what kinds of games will be there? how long will the registration process last?

Posted by mencia on June 28, 2011, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I am so lost. I just found out abput pottermore today and i am tryin to catch up on it.

Posted by livvylynn77 on June 28, 2011, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

sounds cool! can’t wait until october!!!

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on June 28, 2011, 12:26 PM report to moderator

Wonderful opportunity! I have a question on what types of questions can be answered. I’ve been collections questions from readers on my blog for several days regarding what new info they most want to see on Pottermore — backstory, JKR’s thoughts and resources, etc. Can we ask these types of questions through you to Pottermore? Or just how the site will work?

Posted by SPSipal on June 28, 2011, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Huffles_thumb

WHAT IS IT?

Posted by dobbyisfreee on June 28, 2011, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

dont have twitter and refuse to get it

Posted by sboyer06 on June 28, 2011, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Don’t have twitter so won’t be able to ask any questions but I’m looking forward to finding out what they are and the answers to them.

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on June 28, 2011, 12:51 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

oh good, because it still refuses to acknowledge that my email is an actual email address! Panicking here!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 28, 2011, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

Dont have tweeter <.< Parents wont let me..Really Leaky, people, (basically everyone whos commented) doesnt have a Twitter! I have an important question..
When will the books be each put on the site? I know PS/SS is in October, the opening, and CS is in Spring 2012..

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 28, 2011, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

By the way, sorry for sounding cranky :) I love Pottermore and JK Rowling <3 You’re my childhood!

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 28, 2011, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Ameliaaa_thumb

Grrr I don’t have a twitter :(

Posted by Like a Name in a Fairytale{ROAR} on June 28, 2011, 01:40 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

ok, I must be a Twitter idiot because I cannot find where I replied to the Leaky tweet about this. But it says we can respond here about it so:

Pottermore won’t accept my email, it says it doesn’t look like a valid email, and I THINK it may be because it ends with @ix.netcom.com, which may look strange according to their preset parameters for emails, maybe? Please help! Thank you so much for taking questions!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 28, 2011, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I don’t have twitter. So I’m going to ask the question here. Can they tell us what time on July 31st will begin the challenge to be one of the million? Like will it be U.S. or British time? Will it be a midnight release? Or will we just have to check throughout that day?

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on June 28, 2011, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

I agree @Laura Keaton-
Will it open at midnight and if so what time zone? British, US, or..?

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 28, 2011, 02:10 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"This is bizarre!" Harry heard Ron yell from somewhere behind him, and he imagined how it must feel to be speeding along at this height with no visible means of support.