One Minute Audio Previews from "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Soundtrack

Music
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 23, 2011, 07:10 PM

Minute-long snippets from each of the 25 tracks from the official "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" soundtrack has been published online via GoBuz. Scroll down and click on "ecoutez les extraits" to launch the music player!

The soundtrack is once again composed by Alexandre Desplat who also worked on "Part 1," and has a scheduled release date of July 12, 2011. Pre-orders are being taken through Amazon.

Complete soundtrack listing is below:

1. Lily's Theme - 02:28
20. Harry Surrenders - 01:30
21. Procession - 02:07
22. Neville the Hero - 02:17
23. Showdown - 03:37
24. Voldemort's End - 02:44
25. A New Beginning - 01:39
Thanks UniversHarryPotter for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Hp15_thumb

Why music is so sad? But what is Lily´s theme? Wow, so exciting.

Posted by Feliicia on June 24, 2011, 05:12 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

I click on “ecoutez les extraits” and the player launches, but nothing plays, D:

Will someone help me, guys…? :(

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on June 24, 2011, 07:52 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

This is an amazing soundtrack, can’t wait to hear it with the movie, it’s so emotive!

Posted by eccentricalice on June 24, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator

Will someone help me, guys…? :(

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on June 24, 2011, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’ve not listened to it all yet, but Severus and Lily is just so very beautiful I wanted to comment on it immediately. Harry’s Sacrifice captures that feeling of fear and also his acceptance of what he must do.

It seems to me that the music is full of emotion, I think it is going to be perfect for the film, it’s giving me chills just listening to the music, goodness knows what the film will do to me.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on June 24, 2011, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I like it better than the last…. but hope some of the themes get developed a bit more. So tired of these little 1 and 2 minute long snippets of chords with no theme development or sense of completeness. Gads, I miss John Williams!! Heck, I miss Patrick Doyle!!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on June 24, 2011, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Love! so getting. ^^

Posted by jedisakora on June 24, 2011, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

Amazing! I’m so glad, I think its a big improvement on the soundtrack for Part 1 although I love this soundtrack I still miss John Williams. His music has literally defined the Harry Potter movies in terms of music. You only need to hear ‘Hedwigs Theme’ and you know its Harry Potter and you suddenly get the urge to watch and read all the series. :L

Posted by Crazy and Proud on June 24, 2011, 12:24 PM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

I LOVE it!!!:D:D

Posted by CDR on June 24, 2011, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Tom-felton_thumb

beautiful…..wow! i love the soundtracks from all the movies

Posted by Maddie Malfoy on June 24, 2011, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Lily’s theme is BEAUTIFUL! They all sound really good!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 25, 2011, 02:29 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

why do i get the sinking feeling they’ve cut a lot of the princes tale…especially as there is no teenage lily or snape according to imdb.com… i will be so upset as it is my favourite chapter!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on June 26, 2011, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

@ Luce-Lupin I was thinking about that last night too! Who’s playing teenage Snape and Lily??? But the the track Severus and Lily is ~6 min long so hopefully they will do it justice.

Posted by Scarlette on June 26, 2011, 05:20 PM report to moderator

"...dear Aunt Elladora...she started the family tradition of beheading house-elves when they got too old to carry tea trays..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014