One Minute Audio Previews from "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Soundtrack

Music
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 23, 2011, 07:10 PM

Minute-long snippets from each of the 25 tracks from the official "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" soundtrack has been published online via GoBuz. Scroll down and click on "ecoutez les extraits" to launch the music player!

The soundtrack is once again composed by Alexandre Desplat who also worked on "Part 1," and has a scheduled release date of July 12, 2011. Pre-orders are being taken through Amazon.

Complete soundtrack listing is below:

1. Lily's Theme - 02:28
20. Harry Surrenders - 01:30
21. Procession - 02:07
22. Neville the Hero - 02:17
23. Showdown - 03:37
24. Voldemort's End - 02:44
25. A New Beginning - 01:39
Thanks UniversHarryPotter for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Jenavieve_one_thumb

loves alexander desplat !!!

lol first to comment !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on June 23, 2011, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Hbpposter_harryandginny_thumb

I’m liking this one a great deal more than I did Part 1’s soundtrack. The music sounds much more like it should for a Harry Potter film. I’m biased I loved John Williams and I think Desplat used more of his previous compositions as an example for this work. I hear more of Williamsesque type pieces in this one and I think this is one I’m going to keep many of these songs on my MP3 player and computer….good stuff!

Posted by kleigh629 on June 23, 2011, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Carrascoavatar_thumb

Wow, this is infinitely better than the Part 1 soundtrack. I’m listening to it right now and really enjoying what I’m hearing. I think this score will be amazing when watching the movie.

Posted by hpbruin on June 23, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I love all the soundtracks, these sound great! You get a good idea of the movie from the tracks, can’t wait!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on June 23, 2011, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

1 word. AMAZING. I can’t wait to get it! I could actually just see the scenes forming in my head to go with the songs…. “Harry’s Sacrifice” was so perfect, I got chills……

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on June 23, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2011-05-29_at_12

This is great—-much more exciting than the Part 1 soundtrack! I love “Neville”, “Battlefield”, “The Diadem”, “Harry’s Sacrifice”, “The Resurrection Stone” (The best!!!), and “Showdown”.
And “Voldemort’s End” sounds so perfect!!

Posted by mollythemuggle114 on June 23, 2011, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

that was awesome…i hope Hedwigs Theme is in there somewhere……

Posted by crikeyhunter on June 23, 2011, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I can’t get it.Click on it and nothing happens ;(

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 23, 2011, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

This is…OMG. Gorgeous, majestic, dark, eerie, heart-wrenching, suspensful….WOW. I had chills all the way through. OSCAR WIN. I didn’t quite break down when watching the trailer, but when listening to this I did. And these are only samples! Putting the movie and this music together? I think you know what the outcome will be……Every track sounds great, but I hope there’s more to “Neville” than just the repeated melody from Part 1. I liked how he continued with themes from Part 1 but just enough so as to let Part 2 stand on its own also. I particularly loved Dragon Flight, Statues (my fav), Battlefield, Courtyard Apocalypse, Harry’s Sacrifice, and Harry Surrenders. I’ve heard some of Desplat’s previous works and I feel that Part 2 will definately showcase his extensive range in composing. Goodness, there’s so much going on today…I feel I’m about to explode. XD

Posted by Scarlette on June 23, 2011, 10:40 PM report to moderator

Wasn’t this already an article or did they add to it?

Posted by . on June 23, 2011, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Verrry interesting…

Posted by Won_Two on June 23, 2011, 11:44 PM report to moderator
0507111504a_thumb

I cried listening to some of those songs. Especially the Snape related ones… >> Oh I am going to be a wreck in July. Here come the waterworks.

Posted by xveritasx on June 24, 2011, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Yes, I nearly shed tears listening to some of those extracts.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on June 24, 2011, 01:21 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_owl_main_thumb

Nice! Can’t wait ‘til it’s available to buy, and can’t wait to see movie!! I loved ’Lily’s Theme’, ‘Dragon Flight’, ‘Statues’ and so many others. I think this soundtrack’s gonna be better than Part 1’s :)

@crikeyhunter: I think I heard the very beginning of it (the first few notes anyway) at the very end of ‘Procession’. I hope it was Hedwig’s Theme anyway…it wouldn’t be Harry Potter without having Hedwig’s Theme in there somewhere! :)

Posted by Owlet on June 24, 2011, 01:34 AM report to moderator

Oh wow this is good, really good. I’m happy the soundtrack sounds more like a harry potter movie than the last soundtrack… This excites me more than the trailers!

Posted by radishraven...WBM on June 24, 2011, 03:24 AM report to moderator

"I thought you weren't speaking to us?" said Harry. [br]"Yes, don't stop now," said Ron, "it's doing us so much good."[br] Hermione marched away with her nose in the air.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014