J. K. Rowling to Attend Pottermore Press Conference Thursday?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
June 22, 2011, 06:10 PM

The New York Times is reporting Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling will be in attendance at a press conference tomorrow morning, following an expected YouTube announcement regarding Pottermore.  The articles states:

Ms. Rowling will appear at the Victoria and Albert Museum on Thursday morning. Her spokeswoman instructed reporters in an e-mail that Ms. Rowling would not permit one-on-one interviews. Filming, recording and photography will also be banned from the news conference.
This information has not been confirmed, but tomorrow (Thursday, June 23) at 7am EST is the estimated time at which the countdown clock on YouTube.com/JKRowlingAnnounces is slated to go online.

As always, stay close to Leaky for all the latest on Pottermore.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

Well, I have my alarm set! :D I am SOOOOOOOOO excited.

Posted by readhp1008 on June 22, 2011, 08:32 PM report to moderator

Time to upgrade the RAAM and get a new harddrive!! :)

Posted by MOST_OF_THE_TIME on June 22, 2011, 08:36 PM report to moderator
B100chocolate_thumb

My Alarm? Set. I don’t even care what it is, as long as it’s as epic as people are making it out to be!!

Posted by Rachel on June 22, 2011, 09:01 PM report to moderator
B100chocolate_thumb

Posted by Rachel on June 22, 2011, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Only 6 am my time!! I hope it’s stories of the side characters! Or the rep is lying and it really is a new book :b…hey,a girl can dream!:)))

Posted by farewell_fred on June 22, 2011, 09:27 PM report to moderator

Yeah, definitely have an exam Thursday… Oh well, sleep is for Hufflepuffs ;) 4am, here I come!

Posted by MaidOfAwesome on June 22, 2011, 09:31 PM report to moderator

What could Pottermore possible be? Oh there’s so much it could be! I really hope it won’t be disappointing (but nothing she does ever is) and I hope time would fly! =]

Posted by . on June 22, 2011, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

Im not getting up that early. Even if it is 7am. Its summer. I’ll check it when I get up.

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on June 22, 2011, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Staying up till 4am to find out what this is! So excited!!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 22, 2011, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

It’s 6am here, and lately I’ve been waking up at 10am this summer, so I hope I’ll be able to wake up. I calculated the time on Saturday based on the countdown, so I’ve had plenty of warning, though. I was going to practice getting up earlier this week for it, but that hasn’t happened. lol.

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on June 23, 2011, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I wonder why she doent want and video or pictures taken? Seems odd seeing how big thie is suppose to be. Either way I’m just excited to find out what it is! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on June 23, 2011, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I wonder why she doent want and video or pictures taken? Seems odd seeing how big this is suppose to be. Either way I’m just excited to find out what it is! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on June 23, 2011, 12:19 AM report to moderator

I just read on another site that it’s an interactive site where you gather info for a treasure hunt in the real world.

Posted by entoptic on June 23, 2011, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Gryfindor_lion_thumb

This is gonna be huge!!! But wait a second: no filming, no recording, no fotography?? How will the world know about the contents of this press conference???? I gotta it: by owls!! :-)

Posted by Patronus 27 on June 23, 2011, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

I just hope it won’t be a mmorpg. This would be quite disappointing as far as I’m concerned. I hope for something around an online diagon Alley (as seen on the supposedly fake pictures of pottermore which can be found on the internet), centered around the long awaited Scottish Book, as a massive online encyclopaedia. Followed by a book release ? I miss the midnight openings ! Hogwarts, a History, hardcover… I want it !

Posted by Noz on June 23, 2011, 03:29 AM report to moderator

"Take this thing for a walk?" he repeated in disgust, staring into one of the boxes. "And where exactly are we supposed to fix the leash? Around the sting, the blasting end, or the sucker?"