US "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Premiere July 11th in New York City

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 22, 2011, 06:01 PM

WB has released official information regarding the North American premiere for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2."  According to the press release, the premiere will take place at Avery Fisher Hall in New York City on Monday, July 11, 2011.  Actors and filmmakers scheduled to attend include: "Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint,  Emma Watson, Alan Rickman, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Helen McCrory, director David Yates, producers David Heyman and David Barron, and screenwriter Steve Kloves. Celebrity guests to follow."  The event starts with celebrity arrivals at 5:00pm EST, with the screening beginning at 6:00pm.

Leaky will be on the scene and have full coverage live from the event.  The final installment of the Harry Potter films will be out in the US on July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

First:) Awesome I’d go if JKR was…but alas she’s not..Would be fun anyway but..

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 22, 2011, 06:07 PM report to moderator
July15th_thumb

Oh dear! Im in Michigan, IM SO CLOSE!! But my mom said no.. :’( sniffle

Posted by VerityDarling on June 22, 2011, 06:18 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Can’t wait .. Almost here .

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 22, 2011, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I live in South Carolina.Hey, doesn’t it come out 7.15? That’s not fair. fourth hopefully comment1

Posted by silverkacy on June 22, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

It was going to say fourth comment hopefully! Oh well

Posted by silverkacy on June 22, 2011, 06:38 PM report to moderator

Yeah it comes out on the 15th, the premiere is generally before it comes out, which is what makes it the premiere =P

Where did WB release this info? Someone who’s working on the London prem told me that WB would be releasing info about that at some point this week, and to check their website, but I don’t know where they mean…

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on June 22, 2011, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Design_keepcalm_thumb

So, I am going to the midnight premiere….on July 15th

Posted by sunny2017 on June 22, 2011, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Emma is Gunnar be there?!? I want to go!!!!!!!! :( not uless I win the lottery ! =) I did get my midnight ticket premiere for the realease date but still it would be awesome to be there!

Posted by farewell_fred on June 22, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Posted by farewell_fred on June 22, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Hallows2_thumb

so wanna go!!!!!

Posted by Kren on June 22, 2011, 09:26 PM report to moderator

I wish I could go! It would be quite cool to meet all the Harry Potter stars! =]

Posted by . on June 22, 2011, 10:40 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

Avery Hall sucks! it is the worst place to be for premiere’s. Dont bother being there early because no matter where you stand you will not get to see any of the stars. They cover up the red carpet area and MAYBE the stars will roll their windows down to say hi. Traffic is going to be happening and of course they will not close the roads for the premiere. Dont get stuck by the benches! I almost lost my cool because I ended up being crowded and literally up against a bench. I can party with the “gang” at the midnight show.

Posted by sidnandragin on June 22, 2011, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I hope more of the actors decide to go. I’m much more excited for the London premier because it’s taking place on my birthday! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on June 23, 2011, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awww how i wish i could be there.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 23, 2011, 03:53 AM report to moderator

Probably a big reason the NY premiere is on the 11th is because “How to Succeed” is dark on Mondays, so Dan’s free. You have to feel for him though, the show’s dark the prior Thursday/Friday so he can fly to London for their premiere, do that, then fly back for the weekend performances of the show. And I’d imagine he’ll be doing press/shows for the movie interspersed with his Broadway performance.

I think what’d be more interesting is if the whole cast decided to go to a Broadway performance and you could attend that with them. Kind of like I would’ve wanted to see Emma’s reaction to watching Dan in Equus…heh heh. :)

Posted by kmac23va on June 23, 2011, 05:41 AM report to moderator

"Now, Harry, I'm going to teach you a little lesson. Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against famous Harry Potter, and the best weapons Dumbledore can give him...."