Architectural Digest Releases New Photos of "Deathly Hallows" Sets

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 22, 2011, 08:41 AM

Architectural Digest magazine has published a slideshow featuring images of the sets and concept art used for "Deathly Hallows: Part 2."

Production designer Stuart Craig gives some background on each set, which includes Shell Cottage, the newly introduced boathouse at Hogwarts, and Bellatrix Lestrange's underground vault at Gringotts.

“I try to find a logic for whatever the set is and somehow I felt it was wrong for [Shell Cottage] to be too whimsical, too fanciful,” says production designer Stuart Craig. “So this cottage has a logic. If you really wanted to build a house on the beach, what would you do? Well, you would use local materials. And the local materials would be either rocks or seashells. The walls are huge oyster shells and the roof is made of big scallop shells. You can see how scallop shells can lend themselves to overlapping and shedding water. I was kind of pleased with t[he logic underlying the structure that we had found there.”
"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" arrives in theaters on July 15, 2011!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harrypotterandhalfbloodprince-trio-_thumb

looks cool

Posted by Gryffindor1221 ROAR (MarauderNimbus 209) on June 22, 2011, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

These sets look amazing! Shell Cottage is just too perfect for words, just how I pictured it in my head. Plus I love this magazine, also look at the new edition.

Posted by LunaLuver on June 22, 2011, 02:08 PM report to moderator

I do hope that one day they will release a big and detailed book covering all the artwork and set designs for the film series. Maybe if we get a museum at Leavesden they’ll show all this and publish a book for the shop, along with a set of dvds on the making of the films. The Film Wizardry book was good, but only gives a glimpse of the total.

Posted by anne1 on June 22, 2011, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lt4it26sr81r4ce1lo1_500_large_1__thumb

yay! shell cottage, luv that place………. just wait til the movie comes out. I cant picture (spoiler) bellatrix walking down the hill to meet harry and ron (its awesome how some people know wat im talking about (: )

Posted by slytherinluver1 on June 22, 2011, 03:10 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

I think Shell Cottae looks wrong .. xD I imagined it different .

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 22, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Those images are awesome! There is no other word for them. Stuart Craig really knows and feels (most important) the Harry Potter world. How else could he have ever created those sets to match the books so perfectly. His talent is great and his creativity is just like Jo’s. Thanks Stuart and most of all Jo for creating and visualizing the most wonderful world ever!

Posted by beewell on June 22, 2011, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

The boathouse! Wow!

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 22, 2011, 07:49 PM report to moderator

The Shell Cottage looks real! I love it! But, I don’t want to see any other photos! I want it to be a complete surprise when I watch the movie! =]

Posted by . on June 22, 2011, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Hp7-trust-no-one-poster_thumb

Did no one notice that it said the secret passage connected Hogwarts to Honeydukes… I thought it was connected to the Hog’s Head!! What about Aberforth?

Posted by hp2041 on June 22, 2011, 11:19 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

These are fantastic, I can’t wait to see how it turns out on screen! And the Boat shed where Snape and Voldemort confront each other, OMG! Snape is the best.

Posted by Fawkes1706 on June 23, 2011, 05:01 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

You are wrong, Graymayne.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on June 23, 2011, 11:32 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-deathly-hallows-2-posters-harry-photos_thumb

Those were really good photos, I’m really pumped to see the dragon inside of gringotts.

Posted by DarkJoker on June 24, 2011, 04:14 PM report to moderator

"They make a fuss about Hogsmeade, but I assure you, Harry, it's not all it's cracked up to be... All right, the sweetshop's rather good, and Zonko's Joke Shop's frankly dangerous, and yes, the Shrieking Shack's always worth a visit, but really, Harry, ap