Dan Radcliffe on Pottermore and Reprising the Role of Harry Potter in Years to Come

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
June 20, 2011, 09:52 PM

LA Times' HeroComplex blog has a new post in which Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) reveals that he knew nothing about Pottermore whatsoever. "I’m sure that Jo will be writing a lot more in the coming years. I’m sure she has a lot more in her than we’ve read and a lot more stories to tell,” said Radcliffe, joking, "as long as they don’t involve Harry, I’m quite happy to buy them.” The actor went on to describe the end of the films as, "bizarre; we’ve been talking about it for so long, and now it’s finally here,” but added that reprising his role in years to come, "would be a bit odd":

I’d be very skeptical about that. First of all, I don’t think that she will [write another Harry Potter book] and second of all, oh, I don’t know, the idea of going back to something after 10 or 20 years? At that point, I will have worked 20 years to establish a career outside of it, and at that point to go back to it would feel a little self-defeating. I could feel completely different at that time, but at this moment, it feels like it would be strange and not the way it would or should go.
Radcliffe also spoke briefly about his continued role in Broadway musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", commenting:  ”We’re doing well [...] and now I just have to keep it up until January.”

Read the full article at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

I’m actually sad to hear Radcliffe say that because all the rest of his career will be due to the millions of fans who read the first book and went to see the first movie. And it is pretty presumptuous of him to assume that he would be playing the lead again in any future movies. James Bond and Batman movies have been great successful movies, even with often changing the lead role actor.
If J.K. Rowling continues writing past Deathly Hallows, she would pretty much have to invent another dark lord and start wizarding war 3. It would make much more sense that she would write prequels, say starting with Tom Riddle and Hagrid in school and go up to Voldemort’s first clash with Harry Potter.

Posted by vector_theta on June 22, 2011, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

as sad as it is, hes so right. boo :(

Posted by sboyer06 on June 22, 2011, 10:05 AM report to moderator

I agree with Dan on both counts…of what he stated.
I think he is right it isn’t a book and it would be detrimental to his career,
and even what he is trying to accomplish now ,
to come running back to Potter in 20 years .

It isn’t another Harry Potter book,,hasn’t that been ruled out TOTALLY?

Then it’s some kind of interactive online web world.
If Jo IS still writing the dictionary ..of all people related to Potter..then it isn’t ralated to that either.

Posted by Jeannine on June 22, 2011, 12:22 PM report to moderator

@vector_theta – I think the concept of some prequels is great!

Posted by biggcb on June 22, 2011, 01:39 PM report to moderator

Personally I think that if JKR does write about the kids, she will write about Lily. The writing in the Pottermore logo looks a bit feminine, but of course it could be JKR’s writing or I’m over-analyzing.

Posted by iwannabeanauror (R/HR♥) on June 22, 2011, 02:55 PM report to moderator

“All WAS well” – is all still well?

Never say never!

Posted by Dumblebridge on June 22, 2011, 06:17 PM report to moderator

"I want Fang," said Malfoy quickly, looking at Fang's long teeth.[br]"All right, but I warn yeh, he's a coward," said Hagrid.