Dan Radcliffe on Pottermore and Reprising the Role of Harry Potter in Years to Come

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
June 20, 2011, 09:52 PM

LA Times' HeroComplex blog has a new post in which Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) reveals that he knew nothing about Pottermore whatsoever. "I’m sure that Jo will be writing a lot more in the coming years. I’m sure she has a lot more in her than we’ve read and a lot more stories to tell,” said Radcliffe, joking, "as long as they don’t involve Harry, I’m quite happy to buy them.” The actor went on to describe the end of the films as, "bizarre; we’ve been talking about it for so long, and now it’s finally here,” but added that reprising his role in years to come, "would be a bit odd":

I’d be very skeptical about that. First of all, I don’t think that she will [write another Harry Potter book] and second of all, oh, I don’t know, the idea of going back to something after 10 or 20 years? At that point, I will have worked 20 years to establish a career outside of it, and at that point to go back to it would feel a little self-defeating. I could feel completely different at that time, but at this moment, it feels like it would be strange and not the way it would or should go.
Radcliffe also spoke briefly about his continued role in Broadway musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", commenting:  ”We’re doing well [...] and now I just have to keep it up until January.”

Read the full article at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

I totally agree with you Daniel! I don’t know how she will ever continue Harry Potter, because she left it in such an amazing way! But, if she wrote about the kids, that’ll be okay, right?

Posted by . on June 21, 2011, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Sniget_thumb

A spokesperson said that it won’t be a new book. I’ve seen suggestions of an interactive website of some sort?

Posted by Ellorgast on June 21, 2011, 03:25 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

I love Harry Potter and the fact that the end is here really is sad .. But I still agree with Daniel ..

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 21, 2011, 06:55 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

@Kyrstalkris*WBM*{LWA} I think it would be ok to write about his kids

Posted by farewell_fred on June 21, 2011, 09:17 AM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

@kyrstalkris WBM {LWA}
You took the words right out of my mouth. Except, I dunno if it would be as good if she wrote about his kids. Kinda overkill, don’t you think? Not that I don’t want her to write more Potter, I do, and I think it would be amzing, but she ended it perfectly. I think that we don’t need it. We want it, but its not needed. Know what I mean? I would like an encyclopedia, though.
Onto Pottermore, so now Dan knowing nothing, unless he’s prentending, probably means Pottermore’s not gonna be another movie, and we KNOW it’s not another book, so then… what? I’ve hear whispers about an interactive website, I thought it could be some sort of monthly magazine, but those aren’t all quite as… spectacular as what I’m expecting. I think if that were what Pottermore was, we would all be disappointed, like there was something missing, you know? I’ve given up on guessing, I want to be completely surprised. I cant wait!!!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on June 21, 2011, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I truly doubt Jo will revisit Harry…

Posted by Won_Two on June 21, 2011, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Yes, Harry will not be revisited, I can’t wait to see what Jo writes next, It’ll be great.

Posted by Jacket on June 21, 2011, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

I hope that another Harry Potter book isn’t in the cards, I feel it would ruin the perfect ending that she already gave to the series. It ties everything up yet at the same time lets the fans decide what they’d like to see happen to Harry in the future.
If she did write about the kids it might be too much like trying to recreate the Harry Potter series and with the Potter books being such a phenomenon I doubt that a series like that would ever come close, though I don’t doubt it’d still be amazing. All I’m saying is it wouldn’t be the same and it’d be difficult to try and create a separation between the two.

Posted by Crazy and Proud on June 21, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I don’t think that Jo will write another Harry.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 21, 2011, 02:19 PM report to moderator

I would love to see what else Jo can come up with besides harry potter. She has a great imagination.

Posted by lpierich on June 21, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

i don’t think jo will write another book about the harry potter series. i think she will write about the maurders and their stories. i love that daniel is doing something different this year and is enjoying himself :D, that is the best an actor can wish for :]

Posted by handhrfan18 on June 21, 2011, 07:31 PM report to moderator

There’s so much more to the magical world than just Harry and his story. While I loved the characters and the narrative we got with him, I’d like to see her go back to the world some day. It doesn’t have to even involve Harry. She just set something up that’s so wonderful and so detailed, I’d hate to not get more stories out of it.

Posted by halcyon /roar/ on June 21, 2011, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Lets face it, we are all someday hopeing for another book. Be it about the kids, which would be so great, or marauders, equally great. We Potter fans will always want more!

Posted by LunaLuver on June 21, 2011, 08:32 PM report to moderator

Writing about Harry’s kids would probably ruin it, because Jo left in such a perfect ending place.

Posted by Sprosed on June 22, 2011, 06:50 AM report to moderator

Posted by Sprosed on June 22, 2011, 06:50 AM report to moderator

Professor Trelawney was standing in the middle of the entrance hall with her wand in one hand and an empty sherry bottle in theother, looking utterly mad... her innumerable shawls and scarves were trailing haphazardly from her shoulders, giving the impres