Meet the Deathly Hallows actors at LeakyCon 2011!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
June 02, 2011, 11:44 PM

At LeakyCon 2011, Harry Potter fans will meet, for the first time, some of the newest faces in the Potter series: The young actors who play Albus Severus Potter, Young Lily Evans, Hugo Weasley and James Potter II. They will be joined by Leaky's longtime friend, Christopher Rankin (Percy Weasley) - without whom we couldn't imagine this conference taking place. Would you like to meet these lovely people? OK!

Arthur Bowen

Arthur Bowen lives in Oxfordshire, England and has 3 sisters.  He loves to play football both at school and for his local team.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II is Arthur's fist role in a film.  In his spare time Arthur enjoys listening to music and spending time with his friends and family.

Ellie Darcey

Ellie Darcey-Alden is a friendly, fun-loving 11-year-old who has a number of hobbies that keep her very busy. Of course dancing and drama take up most of her time, but she also attends Karate classes with her younger brother. Ellie also has a passion for animals; she has two rabbits, Angel and Stewie who she adopted from the Blue Cross Centre, and a beautiful Cocker Spaniel called Lola. Ellie’s other big passion is horses, and whenever there is an opportunity she loves to have a riding lesson. Ellie realises how lucky she has been to have performed in some very exciting productions and to have worked with so many amazing and talented people. It all started in 2007 with her debut performance in the Oxford Christmas Panto; from then on she was hooked, and has loved every performance since then that she has been lucky enough to have been part of, whether in Theatre, Television or Film.

Will Dunn

Will Dunn says: "Hi! My name’s Will Dunn. I’m 15 and pretty crazy, but I like to think in a good way! I love acting, playing guitar and football (that’s soccer)! And Harry Potter, naturally. I live in the south of England, with my Mum, Dad and loopy dog Lulu! I was 13 when I got the part of James Potter II and for someone who’s been a Potter fan all his life, it was pretty incredible! Oh, and I’m MAD about Muse. Looking forward to meeting you all!"

Ryan Turner

Ryan Turner lives in Cambridgeshire in the UK. He started modelling and acting at the age of 5 and has done various TV commercials, advertising campaigns, music videos and short films. Ryan loves his sport and is an avid football player and plays for a local team. He likes to get involved with many other sports including hockey and Tang Soo Doo. He is currently a Orange and Green belt. In his free time he likes to play on his Xbox 360 and is learning to play the guitar.

Christopher Rankin

Christopher Rankin is known for playing Percy Weasley in the Harry Potter franchise, a role he's had since the very beginning. He has recently graduated from the University of Lincoln with a degree in Media Production. Onstage, Chris has played Percy the Henchman in "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," King Rat in "Dick Whittington," Eilert Loevborg in "Hedda Gabler," Geoff in "A Taste of Honey," Young Syrion in "Salome" and Edgar Linton in "Wuthering Heights" - to name but a few. On television, Chris can be seen in BBC's "The Rotter's Club" and FIVE's "Victoria Cross Heroes." He recently traveled to Buenos Aires to shoot "Celebrity Total Wipeout," to be shown on BBC1 later in the year. Chris is delighted to be attending LeakyCon 2011 to celebrate the release of the final film with the people who love it the most!

These charming and spirited actors will be part of a keynote on Saturday, July 16 (which will be a small additional cost and the details of which will be released tomorrow), as well as a special event on Thursday, July 14 (which will be no additional cost and the details of which will be released this weekend). They will also be part of all the celebrations of the week. Registrants in our family track will get a special visit from them as well. There will also be scheduled meet-and-greets, the details of which will be released in due course.

We will be announcing and highlighting more special events over the next week, and releasing a full schedule soon. Main registration for LeakyCon 2011 is now sold out, but you can add your name to a waiting list here. Our park event, "Open at the Close," is also sold out, and you may add your name to the waiting list here. Our first two keynotes (A Very StarKid Event and the Arthur Levine Keynote) are both sold out, but our just-announced EA keynote still has spots - see your registration account at LeakyCon.com to add this to your event list!

And there is one more thing... we'll tell you tomorrow.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

AWESOME I WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 02, 2011, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Downloadedfile-2_thumb

OMG i can’t wait to meet Harry’s kids and nephew! and PERCY WEASLY this leaky con is going to be so much fun!

Posted by bellbell127 on June 03, 2011, 12:03 AM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

Can’t wait!! :-D LeakyCon is gonna be awesome!!!

Posted by Felipe on June 03, 2011, 02:33 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Why do I live in Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone at LeakyCon has fun!

Posted by butterbeer bottle on June 03, 2011, 02:55 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Why can’t there be a LeakyCon in England?!! I want to meet them! Just one thing, where’s Rose? And Lily Potter? No one seems to have noticed that the Lily above is not Harry’s daughter but his Mum when she was younger!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on June 03, 2011, 04:26 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

I wish I could be there!!! Good luck to everyone who’s going..have fun!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on June 03, 2011, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

@Livi22-((ROAR!!)) its Lily Evans from Snape’s memories :)

I’ve talked to Will Dunn on Twitter a couple of times but it would have been nice to meet them in person.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 03, 2011, 04:53 AM report to moderator
Agron_thumb

I wish I could go, I’d love to meet Chris Rankin even though he plays a character I don’t really like…
I’d also like to meet the actors portraying Harry and Ginny’s children and Ron and Hermione’s children. Meeting the actress playing the young Lily Evans would be a pretty cool experience, too!

Posted by vincenza on June 03, 2011, 05:26 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

aww it’s a pitty a won’t be there!!! i really wish i could but it’s just not possible. it would have been great to meet them in person sigh

Posted by mencia on June 03, 2011, 05:31 AM report to moderator

its gonna be loads of fun!!!!!

Posted by sana_s on June 03, 2011, 07:50 AM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

I would LOVE to go to LeakyCon! It really looks like it’s going to be amazing this year, with all the new actors showing up, and Christopher as well! You have no idea how much I would love to go. It’s just a shame I don’t live in America. We really need to have LeakyCon in England some time. I’d definitely show up for that one!

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on June 03, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator

OMG, It’s gonna be so much fun!!!!!!

Posted by Mahinique ЯOAR on June 03, 2011, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Ryan Turner reminds me so much of Rupert at that age that it’s kind of eerie in a good way. Will Dunn seems rather old to portray the 12 year old JSP (he’s NOT “James Potter II” since the two Jameses have different middle names – sorry, but that’s a pet peeve of mine) – James is a second year, after all – but I’m sure it’s all good. I so wish I were healthy enough to go. I’m still campaigning to make Chris the first ginger Doctor, when it’s time for twelve, and would love to meet him.

Posted by DeliaDee on June 03, 2011, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I wish I was going!

Posted by Jacket on June 03, 2011, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

okay who agrees that will is kinda cute ?!

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on June 03, 2011, 10:02 AM report to moderator

"He seems like a very good teacher," said Hermione approvingly. "But I wish I could have had a turn with the boggart --"[br]"What would it have been for you?" said Ron, sniggering. "A piece of homework that only got nine out of ten?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014