Leaky's Fandom Memories Project

BigNews
Posted by: John
June 02, 2011, 12:07 AM

Many Potter fans are feeling pretty sentimental lately about the final film fast approaching. One of the final projects we haven't mentioned yet is a Fandom Memories project, and we want YOUR help with it. This is your chance to tell us some of your favorite memories from this past decade+ of Potter for all the fandom to see!

How?

Visit http://leakynews.com/leakycon/ and you'll see a timeline of events, and a link to contribute on as many as you'd like!

What we are mostly looking for is photos, newspaper clippings, fan art, and especially any high quality video you have relating to and best illustrating these moments. Additionally, we welcome you to film short vlogs of yourself speaking about your favorites in this list - keeping in mind we will using them in short snippets (so keep it short and sweet!)

To contribute video, photos, whatever you have, simply use a free service like http://sendspace.com and put the link in the comments (contribute) area of the corresponding moment on the page!

OH, and did I mention that the top contributors of usable, quality contributions will receive prizes?? Deathly Hallows Part 2 DVDs for the top 3, for starters!

We will use as many of your vlogs, photos, videos, as we can - and you have 2 weeks from today to get them in, so get started!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent BigNews News

Raven_avatar_thumb

It will be hard… I have a LOT of memories…

Posted by Won_Two on June 02, 2011, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

Sameee here.

Posted by Elwood J. Blues on June 02, 2011, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Oho wow!! :D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on June 02, 2011, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

oh man, there is so much i can add- hopefully early next week i can film a few short videos of some memories, and try to dig up some old photos; unfortunately some of my really random stuff (name tags and stickers from some of the old movie releases) i used to have when i still lived with my parents, but have now been thrown out…

Posted by Rinny on June 02, 2011, 03:44 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

There’s so many memories .. It’s simply impossible to to keep it short !!

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 02, 2011, 05:08 AM report to moderator
Downloadedfile-2_thumb

i would sum up my entire fandom experience into one memory and use that. would that work?

Posted by bellbell127 on June 02, 2011, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I’m sp going to contribute to this!! Sounds amazing!!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on June 02, 2011, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wow! This is awesome!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 02, 2011, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Oh cool!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 02, 2011, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Ooooh this is so cool! And a great idea for all us fans to do something. I’d better get looking through all my stuff, I have tons of newspaper clips! :D

Posted by LunaLuver on June 02, 2011, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

This is awesome! But I’m missing some moments. Like the moment Dumbledore came out of the closet. When it was first mentioned on the internet, I fangirled really hard, because it all fit! Then I called my (gay) friend, who was at a meetup of the Dutch Harry Potter Forum I’m a member of), and he fangirled and told everyone else, and everyone seemed to accept it and be happy that someone so huge and famous had come out of the closet, that it didn’t matter that Dumbledore is only a fictional character.
One Dutch newspaper went looking for some reactions on the internet about Dumbledore coming out of the closet. They quoted me and my best friend, which was really awesome.
I think this was an important moment in the past 10 years of Harry Potter, as this moment made a lot of people brave enought to come out of the closet as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender just like Dumbledore did. I am one of those people.

Posted by Niphai on June 02, 2011, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Roses2_thumb

I WANT TO CRY READING THIS ARTICLE! I AM SAD THE END IS NEAR! Why don’t you make a slideshow from all the films? Send it to Rupert Grint! HE WILL CRY! :)

Posted by CassidyWeasley:) on June 02, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

Great idea :D

Posted by Cat de la Creme on June 02, 2011, 04:58 PM report to moderator

yeah!!! love your idea… i also think he will cry… as i did.

Posted by camila_black08 on June 02, 2011, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

@Niphai: What are you talking about?!?!!! Dumbledore never “came out of the closet”. JKR said he was gay; he never admitted it. He was simply a genius and I don’t think people (like you) should get so worked up over his sexually when its not important whatsoever.

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 02, 2011, 06:31 PM report to moderator

"Oh, [Lockhart] is marvelous," she said. "He knows his household pests, all right, it's a wonderful book...."[br]"Mum [i]fancies[/i] him," said Fred, in a very audible whisper.[br]"Don't be so ridiculous, Fred," said Mrs. Weasley, her cheeks rather pink.