Fun Friday: Seven Installments of the Final Four Minutes of "Deathly Hallows"

Humor
Posted by: Edward
June 10, 2011, 08:15 PM

The folks at the irreplaceable news network The Onion have the latest on what is sure to be an awesome extension to the Harry Potter film franchise: the last four minutes of the film, are going to be split into seven individual films.

You know what this means?  LeakyCon 2059 is a go! ;)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Humor News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

Lol I don’t want Harry Pottter to end but I’m glad it hasn’t turned into that :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 13, 2011, 03:32 PM report to moderator

Incidentally, did you hear that the last Twilight movie will be split into two parts? I wonder where they got that idea!

Posted by SybilT on June 13, 2011, 10:49 PM report to moderator

Yep, Twilight is being a big copycat. Even though I’m sure the extra money played some part in splitting Deathly Hallows into 2 films, I still believe the producers when they stated that there was just too much exposition and plot to fit into one movie. I haven’t read the Twilight books, so I’m no expert, but the bits and pieces I have read seem to indicate that the plot of the books is kinda shallow; I’m thinking that the last Twilight book isn’t so massive and complicated that it has to be split into two parts. Of course, if anyone points out that it’s probably being done for money (and to make a shorter series than Harry Potter seem longer and more epic) then the Twilight producers claim that the Potter producers only split Deathly Hallows for money reasons. Sigh.

Posted by critterfur on June 14, 2011, 11:30 AM report to moderator

What does it mean by splitting the last four minutes into 7 seperate films??

Posted by popspops on June 14, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

That really was quite funny, and it’s a good thing for us fans to be able to laugh at our own obsession. In the words of our favorite sage, ‘It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.’

All the same, I hope to see a much longer series of remakes someday – perhaps one TV mini-series a year, each covering one volume. For that I would even break down and subscribe to cable.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 15, 2011, 12:24 PM report to moderator

Harry was used to spiders, because the cupboard under the stairs was full of them, and that was where he slept.