Daniel Radcliffe Receives Four Acting and Dancing Award Nods for Role in "How to Succeed"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
May 06, 2011, 12:01 PM

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has been nominated for Outstanding Actor in a Musical in the 2011 Drama Desk Award Nominations and Outer Critics Circle Award Nominations, Distinguished Performance in the 2011 Drama League Award Nominations and Male Dancer, Broadway in the 2011 Astaire Awards Nominations for his role in Broadway musical, "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". The musical itself received four nods in the prestigious Tony Awards.

The Drama Desk Awards ceremony will take place on the 23rd May in New York City, and later aired on television channel "Ovation" at 9pm on the 4th June. The Outer Critics Circle Award winners will be announced on the 16th of May and presented at a ceremony on the 26th May. The Drama League Awards ceremony takes place on the 20th May, whilst the Fred and Adele Astaire Awards ceremony is on the 15th of May.

Find the full list of awards for which the musical is nominated here on the "How to Suceed" website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Images_thumb

Good job Dan!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on May 06, 2011, 04:59 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Congrats Dan, Leaky- countdown?

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 06, 2011, 05:22 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Oh my gosh!
That alot of nominations all at once ..

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 06, 2011, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nicely done…

Posted by Won_Two on May 06, 2011, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

YAYAYAY!!!
Congrats Dan!!!!
You definitely deserved it!
Great, great, great job!
We’re all proud of you!!!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on May 06, 2011, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Roses2_thumb

Good for him! He is talented, and I am glad he got noticed for it :D

Posted by CassidyWeasley:) on May 06, 2011, 08:29 PM report to moderator

CONGRATULATIONS DANIEL! A good job well done! =] But, I wish it was from Harry Potter - the awards you won. =] lOl.

Posted by . on May 06, 2011, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Wow! Fantastic work Dan!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on May 06, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator
Aa_thumb

good job dan…
good luck

Posted by lovely harol ricco on May 07, 2011, 03:49 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Go, go, Dan!

Posted by devilskinn on May 07, 2011, 04:11 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Congratulations Dan! Well deserved!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 07, 2011, 04:18 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Congratulations DAN

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on May 07, 2011, 04:42 AM report to moderator
Face_squirrels_illusion_thumb

I went to that show in New York for a class trip. The only musical that I had seen live before this was the Lion King. I thought the story was funny and I seeing this show live for once instead of seeing everything on DVD like i do. Good for Daniel that he got all of those awards and nice hard work but I would not want to say anything more than that considering that I dont know that guy. The only thing about him that I can judge is his acting, singing, and dancing.

Posted by believethetruth on May 07, 2011, 05:14 AM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

I’m so excited! I have tickets to see it in June on vacation in NYC. I’ll be like… 20 feet away from Dan for like 3 hours!! (stalker heaven hahaha jk)

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on May 07, 2011, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

I’m so glad! Congratulations, Dan! Wish I could get a chance to see the show!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on May 07, 2011, 12:21 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Can you [i]believe[/i] our luck?" said Ron miserably, bending down to pick up Scabbers. "Of all the trees we could've hit, we had to get one that hits back."