Phelps Twins Talk "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" with Empire, Join Sparkle Video Network

Phelps Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
May 27, 2011, 11:20 PM

James and Oliver Phelps, who have portrayed the mischievous Fred and George Weasley since the first Harry Potter film, recently had a chat with Empire Magazine about their involvement in the franchise.

Interview with James Phelps (Fred Weasley):

So looking back, how has it all been?

It's amazing! You're in a room with Julie Walters, Mark Williams, Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman: it's not the worst place to be! Even when we were shooting scenes on this last film... I was there with Sir Michael Gambon, and I was getting ready to do something with the Manchester Orchestra, narrating Peter and the Wolf. I'd never done anything like that before in my life and I was a bit nervous. He asked what I was up to and I explained and, even though he had this big scene coming up, he said, "Oh, I read that a few years ago", and took the time to go through it all with me. That was pretty cool.

It's clear that the whole cast has become friends.

Yeah, it is really. A lot of people think that we're told to say that we're friends but in fact, we are. There have been times where we've all gone out for meals when we were shooting in Soho or whatever, and to us it's just mates catching up but everyone else will look in and see us and ask, "Is this for real?"
Interview with Oliver Phelps (George Weasley):
What was your last day filming?

I think it was when we were doing re-shoots, and it was a scene at the battlement sequence. It was an added scene, actually, where James [Phelps, aka Fred Weasley] and myself were standing on the turrets of the castle, where there was a green screen and everything, and it was just ad-libbed for about a minute. It was quite nice, but it was hard. It was a weird feeling when they yelled, "Wrap!".

The way that Rowling wrote the final battle, you don't quite know how it's going to go, and it seems like there will be surprises for everyone there.

Especially when it all goes the wrong way! When the good guys are falling by the wayside and when you see that in the picture itself it looks really harsh. There are some cool elements in it, like when you see Matt Lewis in the battle. That's quite funny because, again, you see a totally different side to his character [Neville Longbottom]. I think you see every character in a different light, which is great.
The twins have also recently become involved with a new site called GlobalSparkle.com. The site features various celebrities posting videos and giving fans an exclusive look at their everyday lives. The Phelps' videos will focus mostly on the promotional tour for the final Harry Potter film. A quick and free registration is required in order to watch the videos. Check out the Phelps' page here where they have so far posted videos from a recent trip to Los Angeles and a tuxedo fitting for a Potter premiere.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Phelps Interviews News

They_didn_t_teach_this_at_hogwarts_thumb

Love the Phelps!

Posted by zack.mz.wbm on May 29, 2011, 03:10 AM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

I love Oliver and James !!!!!!!!

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on May 29, 2011, 06:04 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

It’s going to be so sad when Fred dies :(

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on May 29, 2011, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

It’s going to be so sad when Fred dies :(

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on May 29, 2011, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Great! Can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Jacket on May 29, 2011, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I was sad when Fred died in the book, but sadder yet that JKR didn’t take the dramatic potential of the twins being split by death any further in the narrative. I sometimes wonder if she wrote anything about what it was like for George to go on solo, only to have her editors cut it out in order to shorten the manuscript. All we know from her interviews, I think, is that Ron put in a little time working at WWW before joining the Aurors. But I would love to see some vignettes of George making his way through life without a constant – and equally creative and funny – foil for his jokes. If JKR ever gives us another tidbit, like that Marauders-vs.-Muggle-police chase scene that she did for charity, a glimpse of George in the future would be high on my wish list.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 29, 2011, 12:41 PM report to moderator

I’m gonna cry when Fred dies! sobs

Posted by Mahinique ЯOAR on May 30, 2011, 01:04 AM report to moderator

That’s a really cool interview. I can’t wait to see the last film

Posted by suzyweasley on May 30, 2011, 02:48 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

i know it’s silly of me but i was hoping that all the weasley’s will make it through although it was pretty optimistic of me i’m sure, so fred dying really made me cry and it will when the movie comes out :-(

Posted by mencia on May 30, 2011, 07:09 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Freeeed don’t dieeee…I’m gonna cry my ass off ;/

Posted by Miss Weasley on May 30, 2011, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Wendy_avatar2_thumb

It has been a lot of fun.

Posted by Witch Wendy on May 31, 2011, 08:54 PM report to moderator

The twins are so sweet! I hope we will see George’s reaction in the movie, even that’s gonna break our heart! And I hope they didn’t change his death scene, I mean, it takes a large place in the book, I hope it gonna be the same in the movie! Poor Georgie!! :(

Posted by Juliette1981 on June 04, 2011, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

I’m joining that site right now

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 14, 2011, 06:14 AM report to moderator

"Blimey," said the other twin. "Are [br]you --?" [br]"He [i]is[/i]," said the first twin. "Aren't you?" he added to Harry.[br]"What?" said Harry.[br][i]"Harry Potter,"[/i] chorused the twins.[br]"Oh, him," said Harry. "I mean, yes, I am."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014