Video: Harry Potter Actors Asked to Describe Their Experience on the Films in a Single Word

HP Cast
Posted by: Mel
May 26, 2011, 10:57 PM

Empire Magazine, which released an issue celebrating Harry Potter today, asked several actors in the films to sum up their experience on the movies in a single word. Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Timothy Spall (Wormtail), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), David Thewlis (Remus Lupin), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore), Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) all provide a single word (or quickly spoken phrase) that describes their experience. The video with their responses can be watched here or below.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

I get so emotional! I cried watching that video! Oh, it’s amazing! I love all their words! But, even all of them combined can not compare to Harry Potter, that’s why Rupert had to think about it for a long time! Did anyone notice that James and Oliver Phelps died their hair? Or was it just me?
Everyone, especially Rupert and Emma, have looks in their eyes like Harry Potter is a piece of them and always will be, and I admire that, and I think that’s what made me cry. . . . ;)

Posted by . on May 27, 2011, 04:48 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

sigh Rupert. Love him!

From kyrstalkri:“Everyone, especially Rupert and Emma, have looks in their eyes like Harry Potter is a piece of them and always will be” – yes!!! I got choked up.

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on May 27, 2011, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

I feel like I am going to cry again, I have cried way to much today and there is so much more crying to do in the next week and then when this movie comes out, the theatre will most definetly be flooded.

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on May 27, 2011, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Th_hogwarts_thumb

That was so awesome! Rupert looked so… I don’t even know how to describe it!

Posted by half-bloodprince on May 27, 2011, 09:48 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

“FabulouslyLucky. That’s one word if you say it fast" lol Jason Isaacs :D
I love Emma’s though, it just reminded me of a Disney princess or something. :)
Awww so sad its over :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’(
Well I guess not really, but all we have left is the premiere.
Oh well….

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on May 27, 2011, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Oh no! I’m all choked up, I’m shocked no one else came up with magical, but life changing would be suitable if it wasn’t two words! For me ‘inspiring’ is the one that I relate to most, for a number of reasons.

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on May 28, 2011, 07:28 AM report to moderator
0709091327_m_061608_em4_thumb

It is all those words and more. I might say journey, because we have been on one with all these wonderful people for 10 years or so. Rupert, he needs a bit more time for what he wants to say, man, I will miss looking forward to other films, and books. Maybe they could make a movie about making the movies!! It has been truely wonderful. And it is sad that it is at its end.

Posted by CCB5Potterfan34 on May 28, 2011, 02:25 PM report to moderator
0709091327_m_061608_em4_thumb

To add to my remarks, I teared up myself, when I first saw it, just wonderful.

Posted by CCB5Potterfan34 on May 28, 2011, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-05-21_at_12

Ahh, Rupert was sooo cute trying to think of a word!!!! My favorite was Emma’s “Magical”……Rupert’s was great too though!!!!!!!

Posted by emmawatsonfan13 on May 28, 2011, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Wingardium_leviosa_thumb

Oh dear… I don’t want this to end. Brilliant video but made me a bit teary to think its all over soon. Sigh.

Posted by Wingardium on May 28, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator
They_didn_t_teach_this_at_hogwarts_thumb

Amazing video!

Posted by zack.mz.wbm on May 29, 2011, 03:14 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

i’m sure it was not easy to describe something that has been a part of their lives for so long and has shaped them in so many ways in just one word…

Posted by mencia on May 30, 2011, 07:13 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Rupert ‘what do I just say the word…phenomenal’ haha, Emma ‘well it’s got to be magical, isn’t it?’ I like that one best! MAGICAL ;)
Great…boring hahah
incredibly-lucky…that is one word, if you say it fast!

Posted by Miss Weasley on May 30, 2011, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Countyfair_thumb

Oh, I loved Emma’s “magical”. Perfect. This made me all teary-eyed, but in a good way.
Also, fabulouslylucky is my new go-to word. :)

Posted by robopkins on May 30, 2011, 06:09 PM report to moderator

Wonderful but so difficult to find just one word! One the other hand it’s so hard to watch because the wonderful series is almost at an end and the thought is almost unbearable to me.

Posted by fox_rox on May 30, 2011, 08:59 PM report to moderator

"-- comes back from Azkaban ordering Kreacher around, oh my poor Mistress, what would she say if she saw the house now, scum living in it, her treasures thrown out, she swore he was no son of hers and he's back, they say he's a murderer, too --"[br]"Keep