"Thanks for all of it, Jo" Alan Rickman Remembers Harry Potter for Empire Magazine

Rickman
Posted by: Edward
May 25, 2011, 03:38 PM

Actor Alan Rickman (who portrays the character of Severus Snape) has written as part of Empire Magazine's Harry Potter Ultimate Celebration Supplement about his time working on the films.  In brief, yet touching, note, Mr. Rickman describes his emotions upon finishing his role as Severus Snape and recalls working with his young co-stars Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).  The note finishes with a thank you to Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling.

To view the note, please click here.

The full issue of Empire Magazine with the 36 page supplementary will arrive on newsstands tomorrow.

Thanks to Andy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman News

108_thumb

That is so very Squeeful!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on May 25, 2011, 06:08 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

This is gorgeous.

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on May 25, 2011, 06:41 PM report to moderator

Snape rapidly became the most important character in the books, really glad that Alan accepted the role. I cannot picture anyone else with the art of emotional acting that enabled the role to achieve it’s maximum potential. Without Snape, there would be no Potter. Snape and Lily is one of the greatest tragic love stories ever told. Well done Jo. Please hurry up with your next book!

Posted by DavidTheUnready on May 25, 2011, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Severus_snape__poster__thumb

Oh wow. That was very touching. You rock Alan, Harry Potter wouldn’t be the same without you! It’s such a shame that the series is coming to an end. I hope I can see you in some more of Tim Burtons movies.

Believe_in_yourself_thumb

@caples9280: I have tried to order the magazine from Europe, but it didn’t work. And I have tried about 4 times during the past few days. I don’t know what’s wrong with that website, but it’s very annoying.
I wonder if anyone else has actually managed to order it.

Posted by Tarana on May 25, 2011, 07:01 PM report to moderator

when i starting read HP, ( hey, this is almost the same thing that the 2nd person wrote) i didn’t think that Snape was really a bad man, just tought he was isolated from the world, what he, i guess, is.

Posted by camila_black08 on May 25, 2011, 07:37 PM report to moderator

sorry by my English, i’m Brazilian

Posted by camila_black08 on May 25, 2011, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

Its so nice to hear something from Alan, and its such a sweet note from a great guy. I cant wait to get my hand on this!!

Posted by LunaLuver on May 25, 2011, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Just beautiful. Made me cry. Alan Rickman was the perfect choice, the ONLY choice, for Snape, and he did him more than full justice. We were so very lucky he took the role.

@caples9280 and @Tarana, I had trouble with the site, too, until some kind soul (can’t remember who, sorry, but it was a Leaky person of course!) mentioned that when you click the link to get to the site, you also need to go to the top of their page and click for international orders before you can get to the order screen that will allow US addresses. Hope that helps! It worked for me, so good luck. :)

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on May 25, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

It was beautiful. I LOVE YOU ALAN!

Posted by joeys_mommy on May 25, 2011, 08:25 PM report to moderator

Love it. Brought a tear to my eye. Whoever cast him as Snape deserves an award. The casting in these movies was brilliant.

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on May 25, 2011, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I cannot wait to see this movie :D

Posted by Bless_the_children on May 25, 2011, 10:00 PM report to moderator

Emma Watson in 34 paintings in london exhibit:

Posted by anastasia1234 on May 25, 2011, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

Oh my gosh, this just is amazing, I love alan rickman. You rock <3

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on May 25, 2011, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_artices_radiotimes_01_thumb

Very kind note thanks 4 posting

Posted by roller on May 25, 2011, 10:37 PM report to moderator

"Miss Granger, you foolish girl, how could you think of tackling a mountain troll on your own?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014