"Thanks for all of it, Jo" Alan Rickman Remembers Harry Potter for Empire Magazine

Rickman
Posted by: Edward
May 25, 2011, 03:38 PM

Actor Alan Rickman (who portrays the character of Severus Snape) has written as part of Empire Magazine's Harry Potter Ultimate Celebration Supplement about his time working on the films.  In brief, yet touching, note, Mr. Rickman describes his emotions upon finishing his role as Severus Snape and recalls working with his young co-stars Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).  The note finishes with a thank you to Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling.

To view the note, please click here.

The full issue of Empire Magazine with the 36 page supplementary will arrive on newsstands tomorrow.

Thanks to Andy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman News

Dhsmall_thumb

That is an extremely endearing note. Brings a tear to my eye :(

Posted by akcorr on May 25, 2011, 03:49 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

When I started reading HP, my favorite characters were Neville & Hermione. By the time I finished, I had added Snape to my list. I had never believed he was evil. Why I don’t know. Women’s intuition, maybe? Long before I finished the books, Snape had become one of my heroes – second only to Harry. He was so courageous. He was in constant danger of being found out by Voldemort. I can only imagine what that must have been like. As Harry said in the epilogue, Snape was probably the bravest man he ever knew. AMEN. And THANK YOU Alan Rickman for portraying him so beautifully!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 25, 2011, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

It gets me emotional. I’m glad he wrote something. It’s good to hear from him. I wonder if he’ll slowly share more now that the series is ending. He was always so reserved out of respect for the story. He truly got it. He understood the greater scope and importance of the story. I’m glad someone who appreciated this so profoundly was charged with the task of handling such a significant character.

Posted by eiVega on May 25, 2011, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Yes, I was thrilled to see that note on the back of the magazine. But I wish there had been a beautiful portrait inside, as they had for most of the other lead actors!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on May 25, 2011, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Anyway, I’d like to repeat what I (and several friends) said when we’d read Deathly Hallows for the first time and were talking about Snape: ‘Thank goodness we’ve got Alan Rickman to play him in the film!’

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on May 25, 2011, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

That is a beautiful letter!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 25, 2011, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Hp12_thumb

I really want this magazine!! Has anyone else in the States had a difficult time ordering from the site? I’ve tried several times and always get an error message when the order is being processed. It tells me to try again later. Is there any other way to get one of these?

Posted by caples9280 on May 25, 2011, 04:39 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Aww. I love Alan Rickman .. :)

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 25, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

We are all very fortunate Rickman took the role…

Posted by Won_Two on May 25, 2011, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on May 25, 2011, 05:05 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

So rare to hear him comment of Potter and I’m so glad he did in such an endearing way

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 25, 2011, 05:32 PM report to moderator

Aww! Alan Rickman is so unlike his character in this blog! :D

Posted by . on May 25, 2011, 05:35 PM report to moderator

Great note from Mr. Rickman. I would only add one thing:

“Please Jo, can we have some more?”

Posted by Mimblewimble13 on May 25, 2011, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

A thoughtful note from a great actor. Three cheers for Mr. Rickman may he be “breaking a leg” for many years to come.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on May 25, 2011, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Movie-poster-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_thumb

Yeah when I think that the casting crew found the man who was born to play Snape. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie is going to be amazing and I know that Rickman will finish off wonderfully.

Posted by makeithappen14 on May 25, 2011, 05:58 PM report to moderator

"As you know, three champions compete in the tournament... one from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizar