LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Scheduled to Hit Shelves Holiday 2011

Video Games
Posted by: Stephanie_J
May 19, 2011, 01:42 PM

The follow-up to the popular LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is well in development and scheduled to go on sale sometime between October and December 2011.

Warner Bros. Interactive and developer TT Games also revealed that LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 will be available across the following eight platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, NGP, Wii, DS, 3DS, and PC.

According to the press release:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 builds upon the magical gameplay, lessons and potion-making skills learned in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 to equip gamers with the tools necessary to challenge a host of new foes and some familiar ones (including He Who Must Not Be Named). The upcoming title is action-packed from start to finish, including loads of new lessons, spells, and bonus content for hours of family friendly gaming.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Samus_thumb

I thought these were “too dark” to turn into a Lego game..? I guess they changed this minds after the success of the first one. :) But seriously, I think this will be a very good game. I was only able to play the DS (aka the tones down version), but I sincerely enjoyed it, might even buy both for the Wii. I’m already a Lego game fan, and this is sure to be a great addition.

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on May 19, 2011, 09:45 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I love the first lego game, really fun to play and just the right amount of silliness that you get in the books. It’s the only game i’ve ever completed. So excited for years 5-7. Though i do hope year seven will have more than just fighting in it, i can’t stand violent ‘shoot-em-up’ games, which is why i haven’t played anymore of the Deathly Hallows part one game.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on May 19, 2011, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

Years 1-4 was the best Harry Potter game that I’ve played, so I can’t wait! :D

Posted by undesirable1 on May 19, 2011, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

YES YES YES! I was really really hoping they would release a years 5-7 lego HP game! I am so excited!

Posted by Jacket on May 20, 2011, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Oh MY!!!!!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on May 20, 2011, 02:09 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! YES YES YES! AWESOMEEEE!
oh my goodness im so psyched! i didnt think they would do the last three!!!!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on May 20, 2011, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Book_thumb

I hope they do an iPod version again. It was a great time-killer and lots of fun.

Posted by jillians642 on May 20, 2011, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I find it a bit hard to imagine the harrowing events of the last 3 books portrayed in Lego.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on May 20, 2011, 08:11 AM report to moderator

FYI, the Lego game is nothing like the other HP games. I’ve never been successful with those. As someone else said, there is humor and fun that isn’t in the “classic” video games. In fact if you just want to wander around you can do that, too. I have the Wii and PS3 but really like the Wii for this game. I’ve already started my Christmas list…..Lego HP 5—7!

Posted by ginevra47 on May 20, 2011, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Yes yes yes! Luved the first!can’t wait!

Posted by farewell_fred on May 20, 2011, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

@jillians642 I agree, I love having it on my iPod! But it’s probably gong to be a while after the initial release.

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on May 20, 2011, 11:20 AM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

Just got Years 1-4 the other day and i’m really enjoying it :P so Years 5-7 will be great to have as well! I hope they do a collectors’ edition of that too.

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on May 20, 2011, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

best. birthday. news. EVER!! I love these games =)

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on May 20, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator

OMG GUYS VISIT THIS AWESOME SITE!!!! LOVE IT SOO MUCH FOR HP NEWS! http://potterforthepeople.com/

LOVE IT!

Posted by anastasia1234 on May 20, 2011, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Lego Shmeggo!

Posted by Won_Two on May 20, 2011, 10:29 PM report to moderator

"Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye Moody," said Mrs. Weasley sternly.[br]"Yeah, well, Dad collects plugs, doesn't he?" said Fred quietly as Mrs. Weasley left the room. "Birds of a feather..."