Bloomsbury Poll to Find Favorite Harry Potter Character Open; Author J. K. Rowling Offers Her Choice

Books
Posted by: Edward
May 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

Bloomsbury Publishing has launched a new poll to find out which Harry Potter characters fans would pick as their favorite via this link.  Starting today, fans may pick from a list of forty characters which wizard, Muggle, or creature is their favorite character from throughout author J. K. Rowing's series.  Fans will also be able to write in your favorite if they are not listed.  The Harry Potter author herself has offered her choice for favorite character, as well.  Ms Rowling relates:

"Harry, although I believe I am unusual in this, Ron is generally more popular (I love him too, though) Now that I have finished writing the books, the character I would most like to meet for dinner is Dumbledore.  We would have a lot to discuss, and I would  love his advice; I think that everyone would like a Dumbledore in their lives."
The poll opens on Monday, May 16, 2011 and runs until Friday, August 26 2011. The winning character will be announced on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 on the UK Harry Potter Facebook page.

Happy voting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

You know what, what’s weird is that most people don’t vote for Harry although he is the main star of the show!
lOl.
I vote for Hermione, because, I feel like she is like myself (but, I’m a little bit more relaxed), and she’s showing girl power I admire mostly!
HERMIONE GRANGER FOR THE WIN (FTW)!

Posted by . on May 16, 2011, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

1. Remus lupin
2. Tonks
3. Teddy Lupin
4. Sirius Black
5. Hermione
6. Bellatrix Lestrange (only because she’s insane)
7. Snape
and it goes on and on and on.

Posted by lupintonksteddyfan99 on May 16, 2011, 10:50 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Hermione. Unlike a lot of guys, I like smart women. And, after all, she is the brains, Ron is the heart, and Harry is the soul of that Most Honored Triumvirate, though Harry takes on all three parts at the end.

Posted by Paskunius Senus on May 16, 2011, 11:01 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I’m a Neville Fan and Always have been! GO NEVILLE!

Posted by joeys_mommy on May 17, 2011, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Halloween-purple-lovely-witch_thumb

I can’t decide between Harry and Luna

Posted by purplewitch on May 17, 2011, 01:29 AM report to moderator

I votes for George, I did have a bit of a moment where I didn’t know if I should vote for Fred or George so I went with George lol

Posted by suzyweasley on May 17, 2011, 03:52 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

luna’s my favourite! Really awesome poll!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 17, 2011, 04:06 AM report to moderator
1b6254349a584bd136e047f7ef09b20674abbb5_s_thumb

Severus for me – what a brave guy.

Posted by GoldenGem on May 17, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

@paskunius: You are so right. It is an awesome Triumvirate!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on May 17, 2011, 05:02 AM report to moderator

Although there are many great characters, there is only one Dobby…He went against his masters to help (in his own way), to save and eventually give his life for Harry…

Posted by PWilly on May 17, 2011, 06:26 AM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

How many times can I vote ? ;o)
I love so many of them: Hermione, Dumbledore, the Weasley twins, Lupin and so on. And then there are the Dementors. They are horrible, but they are so well-thought-out. Also, I have a weak spot for Hedwig and, of course, Fawkes, but I am going to vote for Harry. He is the hero, he is the glue that binds them all together in the battle against Voldemort (another great creation btw) because they believe he is the Chosen One (this sounds a bit Matrix, sorry about that) or simply just love him. And as a few people have said, without Harry the books wouldn’t be here.
Talking about the books, as KiwiMcl said, I also miss the book madness. I thought it was so brilliant that people were queueing (!) at midnight (!) to buy a book! I loved loved loved this. And still do, when I think about it, and I love seeing it again (occasionally in a documentary or something).

Posted by Tarana on May 17, 2011, 06:32 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Neville! I adore Hermione too, but Neville is just so special to me!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 17, 2011, 07:56 AM report to moderator

It doesn’t work. When I wanted to vote for Neville, it chooses Lockhart instead.

Posted by hg1 on May 17, 2011, 09:26 AM report to moderator

I had a bit of a fuss, too. Had to click on Luna 3 times before the page would release Neville. Persistence paid off and I got my proper vote.

Posted by trontech on May 17, 2011, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Its definitely Hermione for me. Dumbledore hmmm maybe not for a dinner date :D

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on May 17, 2011, 11:21 AM report to moderator

"Time to split up the dream team, I think," he sneered. "Weasley, you can partner Finnigan. Potter --"[br]Harry moved automatically toward Hermione.[br]"I don't think so," said Snape, smiling coldly. "Mr. Malfoy, come over here. Let's see what you make of

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014