Bloomsbury Poll to Find Favorite Harry Potter Character Open; Author J. K. Rowling Offers Her Choice

Books
Posted by: Edward
May 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

Bloomsbury Publishing has launched a new poll to find out which Harry Potter characters fans would pick as their favorite via this link.  Starting today, fans may pick from a list of forty characters which wizard, Muggle, or creature is their favorite character from throughout author J. K. Rowing's series.  Fans will also be able to write in your favorite if they are not listed.  The Harry Potter author herself has offered her choice for favorite character, as well.  Ms Rowling relates:

"Harry, although I believe I am unusual in this, Ron is generally more popular (I love him too, though) Now that I have finished writing the books, the character I would most like to meet for dinner is Dumbledore.  We would have a lot to discuss, and I would  love his advice; I think that everyone would like a Dumbledore in their lives."
The poll opens on Monday, May 16, 2011 and runs until Friday, August 26 2011. The winning character will be announced on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 on the UK Harry Potter Facebook page.

Happy voting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Eyecon_-_copy_thumb

Sirius!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to marry Gary Oldman and I don’t care how old he is! Sirius is my hero!!!

Posted by pottercullen17 ~ROAR~ on May 16, 2011, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

It was an extremely difficult decision; I had to think about it for a while, but in the end I chose Hermione.

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on May 16, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

How can I pick my favourite?!! I have like 10 favourites!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 16, 2011, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Dracocorruption8bi_thumb

draco all the way. most like myself.

Posted by lowerwolf on May 16, 2011, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

@KiwiMcl – each his/her own I’d say … Umbridge is too one-dimensional for me. But okay, “favourite” character is of course open to interpretation – and I interpreted it more in terms of “many-layered, three-dimensional” – and yes, I admit it – “close to my heart.” (Basically, the way Rowling seemed to interpret it, judging by her choice :).

Posted by siena on May 16, 2011, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

My favorite would have to be Hermione because without her Harry never would have gotten as far as he did. My very close second would be Luna.

Posted by LunaLuver on May 16, 2011, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

It was a very tough decision— I love McGonagall, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Dobby, Hedwig, Luna, Kreacher, Flitwick, Hagrid, Slughorn, Fred&George and Neville ALL so MUCH!! By the way…Where’s Slughorn!!???! I love dear ole Horace.. And Aberforth, too.. Haaaha!

Anyway, after much thought I did end up going with…Hagrid.. Shock, huh?

Posted by RubeusHagrid on May 16, 2011, 06:51 PM report to moderator

Fred Weasley, but Harry is next!

Posted by nakanj1 on May 16, 2011, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Th_hogwarts_thumb

Snape! I love him! He’s someone that I hated until the Deathly Hallows… what an amazing story he has! :D

Posted by half-bloodprince on May 16, 2011, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

I voted for Dobby!!! I love that guy!!!! <3

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on May 16, 2011, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Img_0488_thumb

DOBBY! DOBBY! DOBBY! DOBBY! DOBBY! I <3 DOBBBBBBY!!!!

Posted by dobbyzgirl on May 16, 2011, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

I voted for Neville, of course, he’s just my adorable little hero!!! (see my avatar <——- lol) But I was a bit torn…. I wish I could have chosen a 2nd because then I could have voted for Lupin too!

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on May 16, 2011, 08:21 PM report to moderator
3269316169_13ac1c4122_thumb

Harry is the one I voted for. This exceptional story revolves around him so it has to be him for me. Coming very close and so tempting, would be Severus Snape, whose brilliance and mystery kept me captivated throughout the books. Hermione is also very close as one of my favourites. All the characters are incredible in their own ways, love them all really!

Posted by hibou333 (Roar) on May 16, 2011, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I voted! Luna Lovegood all the way!

Posted by Jacket on May 16, 2011, 09:28 PM report to moderator

Umbridge is probably my favorite character. She is really a very horrible person but as a character, she is very juicy.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on May 16, 2011, 09:40 PM report to moderator

[i]"Signed photos?[/i] You're giving out [i]signed photos,[/i] Potter?"... "Everyone line up!" Malfoy roared to the crowd. "Harry Potter's giving out signed photos!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014