Bloomsbury Poll to Find Favorite Harry Potter Character Open; Author J. K. Rowling Offers Her Choice

Books
Posted by: Edward
May 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

Bloomsbury Publishing has launched a new poll to find out which Harry Potter characters fans would pick as their favorite via this link.  Starting today, fans may pick from a list of forty characters which wizard, Muggle, or creature is their favorite character from throughout author J. K. Rowing's series.  Fans will also be able to write in your favorite if they are not listed.  The Harry Potter author herself has offered her choice for favorite character, as well.  Ms Rowling relates:

"Harry, although I believe I am unusual in this, Ron is generally more popular (I love him too, though) Now that I have finished writing the books, the character I would most like to meet for dinner is Dumbledore.  We would have a lot to discuss, and I would  love his advice; I think that everyone would like a Dumbledore in their lives."
The poll opens on Monday, May 16, 2011 and runs until Friday, August 26 2011. The winning character will be announced on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 on the UK Harry Potter Facebook page.

Happy voting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

12735_thumb

Cool.. I’m going to vote for Sirius. I don’t love why, but I absolutly love his character. :)

Posted by I-MustNotTellLies on May 16, 2011, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

i went for luna cause we really relate, im sooo weird and im a really big outcast with very few friends. she was the best part of books 5 and 6 <|:P really would love to meet her !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on May 16, 2011, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-evanna-lynch-luna-lovegood-286x300_thumb

Luna, who could possibly say no to her?!

Posted by Dee [^Hiss^] on May 16, 2011, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Harry, all the way. I adore him, and without him, as someone already said, there would have been no story. No world. No fandom. No anything that my life now revolves around 24/7. Long Live Harry Potter!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on May 16, 2011, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Is it Rowling who wrote the commentaries for each selected character ?? They are a bit weird … and so is the selection… Okay, Voldemort and Umbridge did of course serve their purposes well as villains of the story – but why on earth would you vote for them as your favourite characters ?? I think this voting is ludicrous without the possibility to comment on your choice … and, furthermore, it is quite cruel not to be allowed to vote for more than one character … there are a lot of characters I love for very different reasons …

Posted by siena on May 16, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hufflepuff0312_thumb

Choosing a favorite is always hard for me, Theres so many characters I love. Haha.

Posted by Eve on May 16, 2011, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

@siena, why couldn’t a villain be one’s favorite character? That doesn’t imply that you’d like them as a person or want to have them as a friend if they were real – only that they are a great, vivid literary creation. Some of literature’s most memorable, classic characters are bad guys.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 16, 2011, 03:39 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Agreed with WeenyOwl .. I was torn .. Severus or Bellatrix, went for Severus though .. But I think Bellatrix is a fabulous creation .. The Love she has for The Dark Lord and the way she REALLY want’s to do do everything for him. If she could she would chew his fricking food for him ..

SEVERUS OR BELLATRIX FOR THE WIN!

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 16, 2011, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

i think i would chose snape but i must agree with rowling on one thing i would like to have dumbledore over for dinner!!!

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on May 16, 2011, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Fixed_thumb

Such a hard choice. I love Ron, of course. But also Hermione, Harry, Dobby, Luna, Neville… heck i love them all!

Posted by iloveronweasley16 on May 16, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I voted for McGonagall!!! :)

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on May 16, 2011, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

That was so hard – I love the female characters in HP
– yes, even Umbridge. ;-)

Did vote for Hermione ’cause her intelligence just rocks.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on May 16, 2011, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

looks meekly in
Looks like I’m the only one who voted for James Potter hehehe…
May the best character win!

Posted by Owana Potter on May 16, 2011, 04:52 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love when the good ol Bloomsbury publishing world pipes on the HP side of things. I miss the days of the book madness. It has to be Ron. I know how generic that sounds but from the very first book I loved him so much. How can you not adore Ron? Harry is a very very close second though, he’s certainly the one I feel I can relate to the most… I really wanna reread the series now. I love these books (rather obvious but I haven’t said that in a while)

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 16, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

@siena, Umbridge is one of my absolute favourite characters. I don’t I’ve felt such fury everytime she crops up! Such wonderful writing to make her so sweet and so repulsive. Such a fantastic character! I really loved Lockhart too, he made me laugh EVERYTIME he appeared in my 1st reading of COS

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 16, 2011, 05:13 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"What're you doin' here?" said Hagrid furiously. "Get outta my house!"[br]"My dear man, please believe me, I have no pleasure at all in being inside your -- er -- d'you call this a house?" said Lucius Malfoy, sneering as he looked around the small cabin.