Bloomsbury Poll to Find Favorite Harry Potter Character Open; Author J. K. Rowling Offers Her Choice

Books
Posted by: Edward
May 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

Bloomsbury Publishing has launched a new poll to find out which Harry Potter characters fans would pick as their favorite via this link.  Starting today, fans may pick from a list of forty characters which wizard, Muggle, or creature is their favorite character from throughout author J. K. Rowing's series.  Fans will also be able to write in your favorite if they are not listed.  The Harry Potter author herself has offered her choice for favorite character, as well.  Ms Rowling relates:

"Harry, although I believe I am unusual in this, Ron is generally more popular (I love him too, though) Now that I have finished writing the books, the character I would most like to meet for dinner is Dumbledore.  We would have a lot to discuss, and I would  love his advice; I think that everyone would like a Dumbledore in their lives."
The poll opens on Monday, May 16, 2011 and runs until Friday, August 26 2011. The winning character will be announced on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 on the UK Harry Potter Facebook page.

Happy voting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Great poll! Hermione is my favorite! I love the line in the movie where Harry says “Your brilliant Hermione, truly,” and then Hermione gives him a whole thing about how she is! Hermione rocks! First Comment!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on May 16, 2011, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Harry’s my favourite! Really awesome poll! :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on May 16, 2011, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I voted for The Giant Squid… Sadly, it was a write in… Not enuff G.S. fans out there!

Posted by Won_Two on May 16, 2011, 01:14 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

My judgement torn between Hermione and Lupin… holly what should I do?

Okay Hermione!

By the way, AWESOME PICTURE JO!!!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on May 16, 2011, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Normal_movies_ootp_stills_promoshots_019_normal_thumb

I voted for Tonks, even though I like Hermione better. Not enough people like Tonks!

Posted by Hermione Luna Tonks on May 16, 2011, 01:25 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I like how Jo portray Hermione, she is so self possessed and doesn’t need a man to protect her, what a role model of the age! She fights off with her gigantic brain power, and not beauty or anything!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on May 16, 2011, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I voted for Hermione, I was on the verge of going for Luna but in the end I just had to go with the character who has inspired me and kept me going all of these years. I’ve said it time and time again, but I just have to thank Jo for this amazing world she has created and for the wonderful characters who have inspired me so much. I also have to thank her for my vision of myself as an author that has kept me dreaming all this time.

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on May 16, 2011, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I voted for Harry, becuase without him, there would be no story. I was tempted to vote for Voldie, because he is such a well written villain. Not as good as Richard the Third, but darn good nevertheless.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 16, 2011, 01:40 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

SEVERUS SNAPE FTW !
or Bella ? .. Dang !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 16, 2011, 01:45 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Okay, voted for Severus ..
He is absolutely amazing !! ..

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 16, 2011, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

I’m gonna have to go with Lupin, but Luna’s very close behind.

Posted by undesirable1 on May 16, 2011, 01:52 PM report to moderator

I’m going to have to vote for Luna because she’s the person I’d be most likely to enjoy for a long time. Luna has just the right amount of silliness, and enough intellect to earn my respect. Rare combination.

Posted by trontech on May 16, 2011, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

Snape is absolutely my favorite. It completely shifted my view of the series with three little words. “Look…at…me…”

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on May 16, 2011, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Maybe not as a dinner date, but as a complex, ambiguous, completely fascinating literary character, it’s got to be Severus Snape, hands-down.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 16, 2011, 02:23 PM report to moderator

I would definitely say Dobby. He’s the best around! Hermione is a close second, though.

Posted by fireboltfreak13 on May 16, 2011, 02:29 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

How could Hagrid, even with his immense capacity to delude himself that fanged monsters were lovably harmless, fool himself that Grawp would ever be fit to mix with humans?