New Actor Interviews: Rupert Grint, Natalia Tena

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
May 14, 2011, 03:08 PM

Parade magazine has a brand new interview with Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in which he talks about the filming the last film.

What were those last days on set like?
“[Harry Potter] was such a massive part of my life. It really has been my life. I can’t really remember a life before it. For that to just all come down to just like, one day, and like one thing, just seems really strange. Yeah, it was emotional. There was a real sadness about it and quite an empty feeling. So, I remember packing up my room, boxing everything up and I had like, toys from when I was 10. It was weird.”
Did you enjoy being in more of an action film and doing bigger stunts?
“It was quite cool to film that. There was a lot of running, which is not something I’m really that used to. There are big action shots of me running across a courtyard with giants swinging stuff at us and spiders. I loved all the stunts and when am I gonna get a chance to do that? But I didn’t really have any injuries I don’t think.”

If J.K. Rowling ends up writing another book, would that be something that you would sign up for?
“I’m not sure. I wouldn’t actually completely rule it out. I was always a big fan of the books and over the years I’ve become quite attached to Ron and we’ve meshed into the same person, really. But yeah, I don’t know. I don’t know how it would really work. I would like to play the middle-aged Ron, yeah. We’ll have to wait and see.”
Read the full interview at this link.

NYLON magazine has a short interview with Natalia Tena, who plays Tonks in the Harry Potter films.
Tell us about your new movie, You Instead?
We filmed the movie You Instead in four and a half days at a festival.  An entire feature!  I've never experienced anything like it.  Exhilarating, exhausting, and epic.  I literally can't look at Red Bull in the same way again.
Read the full interview at this link and find out more about the film "You Instead" here on the official website. It premiered at the Glasgow Film Festival on the 25th of February earlier this year.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Fwooper1_thumb

It’s a pity there isn’t more Tonks in the films – I like Natalia Tena’s Tonks ver much !! She and David Thewliss make a great on screen-couple. Rupert is of course great too as Ron – but there is a lot of him in the films so nothing to complain about :)

Posted by siena on May 14, 2011, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Same here, I’m always left wishing Tonks, and Remus, had more time in the movies. But they were in the new trailer so thats something.

Posted by LunaLuver on May 14, 2011, 03:46 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

I love Ronald !!

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 14, 2011, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Design_keepcalm_thumb

It’s great to see how they’ve moved on from the Harry Potter franchise…they can’t keep that stigma forever. It might follow them for years until their next big break that tops HP.

Posted by sunny2017 on May 14, 2011, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

WHERE IS OUR COUNTDOWN!!??!?!?!

Posted by crikeyhunter on May 14, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Roses2_thumb

I am really devastated that the movies are ending, and reading about the toys Rupert found in his room just makes me cry. I grew up with the HP books! Although, it would be nice if Jo wrote another book.

Posted by CassidyWeasley:) on May 14, 2011, 09:59 PM report to moderator

Oooh Rupert! You are going to make me cry!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on May 14, 2011, 11:18 PM report to moderator

All of the people playing their characters are simply outstanding! I wish JKR would keep writing and all the actresses and actors would stay with their roles! But I guess it has to end sometime. It’s really already started, Melissa Anelli hasn’t posted and update to the Leaky Cauldron home page since January 3. :``(

Posted by vector_theta on May 15, 2011, 12:31 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I’m always left wishing Tonks, and Remus, had more time in the movies.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 15, 2011, 04:28 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

I live in Denmark and can understand written Norwegian, so it is a blast being able to follow Rupert in norwegian sites. ;-)
Good for him!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on May 15, 2011, 07:23 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Uhh, I can’t help crying whenever I think it’s all coming to an end. It’s just not been given enough press, don’t they understand how emotional it is if the Potter phenomenom is all that’s kept you going for the last five years.

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on May 15, 2011, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

i think a prequel book would be awesome, and then there’s no pressure on the main actors to come back and do another movie!

Posted by jennluvsharry on May 15, 2011, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lkwe3vm7jt1qjfloto1_500_thumb

It’s so sad it’s going to be over.

Posted by Elise Lestrange on May 15, 2011, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I just can’t think of HP ending or I’m going to cry!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 15, 2011, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Wow great interview

Posted by AbbyWeasley on May 15, 2011, 02:54 PM report to moderator

"All right there, Scarhead?" yelled Malfoy, shooting underneath him as though to show off the speed of his broom.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014