NYLON Interview Bonnie Wright: "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Battle Scene Like Destroying a Sand Castle You've Built

Wright Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 06, 2011, 01:16 PM

NYLON magazine has a new interview with Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) in which the actress talks about reading the Harry Potter books, filming the final battle scenes and what she's studying at film school. Bonnie also mentioned going to see co-star Daniel Radcliffe in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" and talked at length about her fashion, makeup and music interests.

On how it felt to destroy Hogwarts:

Interviewer: But I can't wait for the part in the last film where your mother yells at Bellatrix, "Get away from my daughter, you bitch!"
Bonnie: Oh that whole scene is going to be so good.  In fact, what's so great about the last film is that all the good guys bring up their game.  They're like, "Actually, we'll really fight now; we're not afraid to cause damage."   It's so much fun, and the best part is, we get to destroy Hogwarts!  ... I guess people could think that's sad, but for a lot of us, it was strangely cathartic.  Like, "This has been amazing, now let's blow it up."  It's kind of like when you build a sand castle and you break it down.
On not getting the Harry Potter books before anyone else:
[T]he most grating thing I've ever seen in a movie is in The Devil Wears Prada, when those two little kids get the Harry Potter books ahead of time.  I was like, "Are you kidding?  That would never, ever, ever happen!"  [JK Rowling] is so guarded, and she always wants everything to be released at the exact same time.  Even the international translators would only get the books when they were already on sale, so nothing leaked out.  Everybody - I mean everybody, Dan, Emma, everyone - had to wait just like you.
On "How to Succeed":
I'm actually seeing Dan [Radcliffe] in How to Succeed Tonight! I'm quite excited because he has to sing and dance, and people don't realize he's been practicing for like two years.  Anytime he had free time on the Harry Potter set, he'd be singing and dancing.  People don't realize when Dan wants to do something, he tries to do it two hundred percent. I'm dying to see the show.
Find the full interview here on the NYLON website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright Interviews News

Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Totally get her on the Devil Wears Prada thing, that’s always bothered me too. Like the sandcastle analogy!

Posted by eccentricalice on April 07, 2011, 03:54 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

I like her very much

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 07, 2011, 04:51 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Great interview,

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 07, 2011, 06:23 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Does that mean the line is in?! Even if they changed it slightly (which I think was more of an error on the interviewer’s part than a change in the line) I’m so glad it’s in!!!

Posted by Rin68nyr on April 07, 2011, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

@AlbertBaldry Don’t forget, Dan was SUPPOSED to look awkward dancing in GOF.

Posted by Rin68nyr on April 07, 2011, 07:02 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

It is nice to see how many people caught the “Not my daughter, you bitch” switch… Sometimes movie makers really need to not mess with some things and that is one of them! I remember getting really excited when I read that part…. GRR!! It is also nice to know that the Devil Wears Prada irritated other people too about the pre-release of HP.

Posted by JessSnape on April 07, 2011, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

That is very cool! It really shows how much the actors/actresses are like a family!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 07, 2011, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

Wow, bonny is amazing! You go girl! And im glad she gave dan that credit at the end :) he deserves it!

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on April 07, 2011, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Autumn_leaves_thumb

I think Bonnie’s a great actress. They just didn’t give her enough screen time. They cut out too many Ginny scenes. Oh well. I’ll be happy and sad to see the last movie.

Posted by akurei13 on April 07, 2011, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

She is awesome! They are all such great role models, actors, and leaders!
I want to see How To Succeed… so badly!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 07, 2011, 05:42 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I loved this interview and I too agree that whole scene regarding mrs weasley & bellatrix was crazy BUT a great interview nonetheless… I am enjoying the fact that she is doing her own thing and enjoying her life.

Posted by sidnandragin on April 07, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

Posted by sidnandragin on April 07, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I am pretty tired about all the negativity coming from people. @Beazle, I am talking about you. She does very well considering that ALL of a sudden writers and director have had to remember that the character Ginny (as well as the rest of the Weasley’s) played an intricate part in Harry’s life. That they have had to do a rush and throw in scenes to prove this point proves that they never understood the character at all.
Bonnie is turning in the best performance for a person who has been overlooked in the movie franchise.
I for one recognize her & look forward to the projects she has coming in future.
BONNIE WRIGHT RULES!

Posted by sidnandragin on April 07, 2011, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I felt the exact samw way as Bonnie when I saw The Devil Wears Prada (which is a great movie btw). There is just no way anyone would ever have gotten DH earlier.

Posted by LunaLuver on April 08, 2011, 01:17 AM report to moderator

Saw that picture of Bonnie and my first thought was, before anything else, “That’s exactly what I thought Lily Potter would look like”. She is so grown up and beautiful. I miss the Potter “babies” but they are wonderful young people.

Posted by CristalShandaLear on April 08, 2011, 05:36 PM report to moderator

"What -- what are you doing?" said Professor McGonagall, her eyes following the bouncing ferret's progress through the air.[br]"Teaching," said Moody.[br]"Teach -- Moody, [i]is that a student?"[/i] shrieked Professor McGonagall, the books spilling out of

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014