J.K. Rowling "Actively Considering" Plans for E-Book Release of Harry Potter Series

Books
Posted by: Rosi
April 04, 2011, 10:52 AM

The Scotsman is today reporting a quote from J.K. Rowling's agent, which says that the Harry Potter author is "now actively considering plans for e-book versions" of the Harry Potter books.

The article speculates that the e-book rights that would need to be purchased to make the whole series available on the iPad and Kindle could fetch up to £100m (approx $161.64m USD).

Find the full article at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

About time too. This should have been done much sooner. I travel a lot and it’s so much more convenient to have 50 books all together on my ipod than to cart even two books around, especially books as large as the HP series.

Posted by anne1 on April 08, 2011, 12:09 PM report to moderator

I got a kinde for christmas and I was sooo excited to get the e-books of it an I typed in Harry potter and nothin poped up! I am excited to see if she lets em on the Kinde Store! :D!!!

Posted by 9em on April 08, 2011, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Yes, you get into the whole theme more with the hard copy in your hand and since most of us are at Hogwarts we can’t use all those things!

Posted by Miss Weasley on April 10, 2011, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

(BUT at the same time I’m all for the e-books!)

Posted by Miss Weasley on April 10, 2011, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Omt1_thumb

At last!. I’ve the set in English English, American English and Spanish. Now I may have them all on my Kindle as well. Life is GOOD!
OMT

Now if she’d just publish ‘The Scottish Book’ before I pass from this world…

Posted by OldMrToad on April 14, 2011, 11:04 AM report to moderator

That’ll be so cool! I would buy a kindle. =] But, anyway, I would like J.K.Rowling to actually write something more about Harry Potter! =]

Posted by . on April 25, 2011, 12:41 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Lucius, my slippery friend," he whispered, halting before him. "I am told that you have not renounced the old ways, though to the world you present a respectable face. You are still ready to take the lead in a spot of Muggle-torture, I believe? Yet you n