Emma Watson Dispels Bullying Rumours

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
April 29, 2011, 07:48 AM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) has today updated her official website with a post in response to recent rumours that she is taking time off from Brown because she was bullied. The actress writes:

Dear all,
I felt the need to let you all know the reason I took a semester off from Brown had nothing to do with bullying as the media have been suggesting recently. I have never been bullied in my life and certainly never at Brown. This '10 points to Gryffindor' incident never even happened. I feel the need to say this because accusing Brown students of something as serious as bullying and this causing me to leave seems beyond unfair.
Please don't try and speculate about what I might do in September - no one can possibly know because I don't even know yet! Like my other fellow Brown students I am trying to figure out my third year and whether or not I will spend it abroad (this is common).
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start 'The Perks of being a Wallflower'. I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.
Dear all,
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start "The Perks of being a Wallflower". I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.

Read the post on Ms. Watson's official website at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Who could pick on Emma, not suprised this was fake news.

Posted by weasley4me on April 30, 2011, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_thumb

I had no’t heard that rumor but feel that its a shame she has to clear up everything that is said about her in the media.

Posted by dork88 on April 30, 2011, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That’s good to know. Although the thought of her being bullied at Brown does seem a bit ridiculous. I mean, especially at this age….No one really gets bullied. Maybe they do, but in my opinion I don’t think she left Brown because of that. And now it’s been proved!

Hermione_grange_thumb

I knew that was not true. Only when I believe it when I hear her say it.

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on May 01, 2011, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter111_thumb

I hope it’s not a lie.. good luck emma…

Posted by Arnab2612 on May 01, 2011, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Severus_snape__poster__thumb

Blech. dang media. That’s good to hear Emma! Keep up the hard work, you’re an awesome actress!

Had not heard the rumor before hearing her rebuttal. Sad what we believe these days – yellow rag rumors, garbage on the internet, unreal “reality” shows, etc. Pathetic!!!
Way to go Emma!!!

Posted by hewy on May 01, 2011, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I didn’t believe it, though it is sad that she had to clarify a rumor.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 02, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator

She’s dispelled those rumors once before in the Time Magazine article where they asked her “Ten Questions”. Thank God nobody at Brown was ignorant enough to actually bully her, I mean she’s Emma Watson! How could anyone actually bully her? She’s too awesome.

Posted by hermioneweasley17 on May 02, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator

I tend to belive that some frat boy did say the 10 points line but she had nothing to do with not going back to Brown at this time. She has been called much worse than that I am sure in her life and would not let something silly like that scare her away. She said what she did for others who are being bullied.

Posted by clj124 on May 02, 2011, 07:34 PM report to moderator

I don’t know about the bullying, but wouldn’t it suck if she went to one of her classes and the teacher said, “Ah, Ms. Watson, Our new… celebrity.” Run away Emma! Fast!

Posted by Mimblewimble13 on May 03, 2011, 05:33 PM report to moderator

Posted by Mimblewimble13 on May 03, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator
74133_10150336666110641_686940640_15761513_6440975_n_thumb

We love you Emma

Posted by biblegirl on May 05, 2011, 04:09 AM report to moderator

Sounds like Rita Skeeter is still quilling her best-sellers. Good for you, Emma, standing up for the truth, and sorry you felt the need to respond to the likes of this trash.

Posted by Oh, Neville OoM4, GS on May 06, 2011, 08:28 AM report to moderator
19961_295278227280_850597280_3220270_6993096_n_thumb

im glad it was all a rumour… but at the same time… it would have been hilarious if someone did shout 10points for gryffindor… but i can imgaine emma just finding it funny

Posted by AbbieAstoria on May 06, 2011, 12:10 PM report to moderator

"Oh, Rita hasn't written anything at all since the third task," said Hermione in an oddly constrained voice. "As a matter of fact," she added, her voice now trembling slightly, "Rita Skeeter isn't going to be writing anything at all for a while. Not unles