Emma Watson Dispels Bullying Rumours

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
April 29, 2011, 07:48 AM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) has today updated her official website with a post in response to recent rumours that she is taking time off from Brown because she was bullied. The actress writes:

Dear all,
I felt the need to let you all know the reason I took a semester off from Brown had nothing to do with bullying as the media have been suggesting recently. I have never been bullied in my life and certainly never at Brown. This '10 points to Gryffindor' incident never even happened. I feel the need to say this because accusing Brown students of something as serious as bullying and this causing me to leave seems beyond unfair.
Please don't try and speculate about what I might do in September - no one can possibly know because I don't even know yet! Like my other fellow Brown students I am trying to figure out my third year and whether or not I will spend it abroad (this is common).
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start 'The Perks of being a Wallflower'. I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.
Dear all,
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start "The Perks of being a Wallflower". I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.

Read the post on Ms. Watson's official website at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

119152761_thumb

It infuriates me that the only thing tabloids can do is create crappy rumors about people, and that Emma has to go around clarifying this. And, as always I’m glad fansites like Leaky actually have integrity and don’t post these rumors as news.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on April 29, 2011, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Emma: You are a class act. Love ya!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on April 29, 2011, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

Heh, if she’s already studying in the States isn’t going abroad for a year a tad redundant? ;-)

Definitely not a good sign about the times between this sort of post and the bullying Obama finally gave into. Is media-based bullying at all time highs or is it just a cycle, especially since they’re not allowed to post bad things about Kate?

Posted by jillians642 on April 30, 2011, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

Glad she isn’t being bullied because i would stand beside her 200000%

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on April 30, 2011, 03:21 AM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

Glad she isn’t being bullied because i would stand beside her 200000%

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on April 30, 2011, 03:22 AM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

Glad she isn’t being bullied because i would stand beside her 200000%

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on April 30, 2011, 03:22 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Great to know! I heard the ‘10 point to Gryffindor’ when she just started college and I thought ‘oh wow, this will be hard for her’, but she’s tough and just so nice that no-one could ever bully her! Glad she’s ok and that she’s stepping back to figure stuff out- WAY TO GO ;}

Posted by Miss Weasley on April 30, 2011, 04:51 AM report to moderator
Nm_huklmj2_thumb

‎"Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed." – George Burns
so emma wish u best luck fo ur studies

Posted by chinmay on April 30, 2011, 05:27 AM report to moderator

good luck with the next film, that’s way more important than tabloids filling space on a page :)

Posted by DavidTheUnready on April 30, 2011, 05:32 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I’m glad to hear that the rumours aren’t true, bullying is an awful thing and it’s good to know that Emma is going throough all that. I wish her luck with her future studies.

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on April 30, 2011, 06:12 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-evanna-lynch-luna-lovegood-286x300_thumb

I’m glad that Emma hasn’t been bullied, why don’t the press just mind their own buisness? Making up a story is just so offensive! Do they not have lives? Can’t wait for Emma’s new film! :)

Posted by Dee [^Hiss^] on April 30, 2011, 06:43 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I never believed this anyway, I never believe anything they write. Only if it comes straight from the horses mouth

Posted by KiwiMcI on April 30, 2011, 08:08 AM report to moderator

I’m with mimblewimble. My first thought was, “Ten points to Gryffindor?…in an American school? That could be great fun if you’re among friends”. And how could a room full of intelligent people not like Emma? Even admire her a bit? Besides, Emma knows how to deal with fire breathing dragons. A Malfoy type wouldn’t stand a chance trying to bully her.

Posted by trontech on April 30, 2011, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Good luck with that “he said, she said” stuff…

Posted by Won_Two on April 30, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator

This is really great to know! I’m so glad she hasn’t been getting bullied, she really doesn’t deserve it.

Posted by on April 30, 2011, 02:47 PM report to moderator

And then he felt his head break the surface of the lake... and, panting, pulled Ron and the little girl up with him...[br]...the girl looked scared and confused, but Ron merely expelled a great spout of water, blinked in the bright light, turned to Harry,

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014