"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Tops Last Week's DVD Sales Charts, Strong Blu Ray Sales

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
April 21, 2011, 12:16 PM

Reuters is reporting extremely strong sales for the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" DVD, which was released last week and debuted at the top of Nielsen Videoscan's chart for the week ending 17th April after only three days of sales. The chart also shows the other six films in the series in the top 20, the result, Reuters says "of an aggressive ad campaign" including primetime television adverts.

The report also gives information about the format of the DVDs themselves, with 70% or so of Harry Potter catalogue sales in the Blu Ray format, with 46% of "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" DVDs sold being Blu Ray.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" is now available on DVD and Blu Ray.

In related news, MTV's Movies Blog has a fun article online about five Potter film moments they'd like to see turned into 3D in the event of a 3D re-release or 3D DVD release of the earlier Potter films:

The Chamber Of Secrets
The basilisk in "The Chamber of Secrets" was terrifying enough as it was, but imagine it lashing out at Harry in 3-D? Plus, the projection of Tom Riddle would look that much creepier if it was popping out of our screens at us. Added bonus: Kenneth Branagh in 3-D. Enough said.

Read the full article at this link on the MoviesBlog website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

I hate 3-D……….absolutely hate it. Love Leaky though!!

Posted by crikeyhunter on April 21, 2011, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

This is great! Harry Potter rock!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 21, 2011, 12:42 PM report to moderator

I bought it on BluRay even though my PS3 is being tempramental lately. I wanted the digital download.

When all is said and done, I want them to put the movies out with the deleted scenes back in the right places. Much like ABC Family, but without commercials.

3D Lockheart! Ha! Ha! I would be so totally creeped out by 3D Voldemort being reborn from the cauldron!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on April 21, 2011, 12:58 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

The Basilisk in 3D .. Awesome ! And just imagine the quidditch matches

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on April 21, 2011, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I just watched it last night! It was amazing (again!)!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 21, 2011, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Snape_icon3_thumb

Ooh I would love to see the Basilisk in 3D… giant snake eat you nowz. xP A Patronus in 3D would be cool too.

Posted by Seviately ^HISS^ on April 21, 2011, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

The Basilisk in 3D cool. That would be wicked cool

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 22, 2011, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Green_sea_turtle_thumb

It’s good news, yet not surprising, the dvd sales are so good. It’s a good film, and I’d expect everybody bought it! I got the dvd, not blu-ray.

I don’t think I’d like to see Chamber of Secrets in 3-d, the spiders are bad enough, without seeing them realistically!

Posted by Butterfly Boy on April 22, 2011, 08:08 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I think it would be really neat to be able to watch it in 3D and I think it’s a really cool idea, but at the same time I think I prefer to watch movies without 3D. I hate having to wear 3D glasses.

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on April 22, 2011, 10:03 AM report to moderator

3D is nothing but a gimmick albeit an expensive one, and that is also a good point, who wants to see anything with crappy 3D glasses on, I’m really interested though as to seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 in 3D though as David Yates insists its different to other 3D films in terms of how they use it, we’ll have to wait and see though!

Posted by tomtheworldof on April 23, 2011, 08:46 AM report to moderator

To be truthful, 3D doesn’t make a difference. It doesn’t have that many things popping out. lOl. And I don’t appreciate having to pay extra for barely seeing anything in 3D, that’s just my opinion.

Posted by . on April 23, 2011, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

No surprise here…

Posted by Won_Two on April 24, 2011, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I want my 2 disc.set dvd!!!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on April 25, 2011, 01:07 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

@Noble Birth Descending, they already have the versions with the deleted scenes available in Region 1. The Ultimate editions… still waiting on that Region 2 but whatever- I mean technically my Dad has a region equality bluray but still the UK deserves in 1st.

I bought the BluRay on DHptI and I loved it. Maximum movie mode was much improved from HBP. Bluray players aren’t that expensive and I’d recommend any HP investing in one. The HP blurays are fantastic!

Posted by KiwiMcI on April 26, 2011, 08:45 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Bought the HPDH pt1 from Walmart which included a Dolby bookend. Loved the Dolby bookend. It’s not bluray but I plan to order that in the “ultimate edition”. Walmart had the set for $30.00 while other places had it for $40.00plus. You can check it out at Walmart.com. I really bought it for the Dolby bookend. I haven’t watched it yet. waiting for this weekend when my husband and maybe son (who introduced me to HP) can watch it with me.

Posted by molly43 on April 26, 2011, 12:18 PM report to moderator

"I have a theory, no more than that... It is my belief that your scar hurts both when Lord Voldemort is near you, and when he is feeling a particularly strong surge of hatred... you and he are connected by the curse that failed," said Dumbledore. "That is

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014