Spoiler Alert: Detailed Description of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Footage Shown at CinemaCon

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
April 02, 2011, 12:12 AM

Entertainment Weekly's Inside Movies blog has an incredibly spoilery and detailed description of what was shown in the Warner Bros. presentation this week at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, which you can find (with lots of warning) below. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on the 15th of July later this year.

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY

From the description, the footage shown sounds like it was a collection of various key scenes from the second part of the film, opening with Voldemort whispering, "Harry... bring him to me." Ollivander tells the trio, “He’s after you Mr. Potter. You really don’t stand a chance” to which Harry responds, “I suppose I’ll have to kill him before he finds me, then.”

Slightly more lighthearted scenes are also described:

There was footage of a battle with the white dragon, and Hermione cries, “We can’t just stand here. Who’s got an idea?”
“Don’t ask us,” Ron squeaks. “You’re the brilliant one!”
“I’ve got something, but it’s mad,” she says, and before she can explain it she dives through a stone archway onto the back of the beast.
The blog mentions a scene set in the hills outside of Hogwarts:
“We need to get into Hogwarts tonight,” Harry says, but Hermione thinks he’s being rash.
“We can’t do that. We have to plan. We’ve got to figure it out,” she says.
But Ron decides they should just charge in, fearless. “Hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!”
The presentation also showed scenes from right at the end of the film:
The camera scans over a hallway full of bodies, not lying peacefully, but scattered and broken with blood smearing the floor. Voldemort’s voice says: “You have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. Join me in The Forbidden Forest and confront your fate.”
Additionally, the audience was shown scenes of Harry and the Resurrection Stone:
In the forest, Harry finds the images of those Voldemort meant, the people who have given their lives for him: His mother, father, godfather Sirius Black…
“Why are you here, all of you?” he demands.
“We never left,” his mother whispers.
“You’ll stay with me?” Harry’s voice is high and fearful, while the ghosts are soothing and calm.
“Always,” his mother says.
“Until the end,” adds his father, which is as ominous as it is reassuring.
The scene from the teaser trailer with Harry and Voldemort was also included, followed by the scene from the Kings' Cross chapter, a "white void" where Dumbledore says to him, “You brave, brave man…You are the true master of death, Harry.”

Lastly:
In the next scene, he is facing Alan Rickman’s Severus Snape in the Great Hall of Hogwarts, challenging him as thousands of students look on. “How dare you stand where he stood!” Potter screams. “Tell them how it happened that night. How you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and KILLED him!” Anyone who knows the story can read layers of reaction on Snape’s face.

More battle unfolds, as the two armies clash over the battleground of the school. “Let’s finish this the way we started,” Potter tells Voldemort, grabbing him as they both tumble over a cliff as Potter’s voice echoes: “… together… “

But the truly heartbreaking line comes just before the end, as Potter says, “I never wanted any of you to die for me.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I nearly cried

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on April 03, 2011, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Wow…great quotes. I can’t wait to see Rickman in this film!

Posted by Smitch on April 03, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

“Hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!” hahaha

Posted by Miss Weasley on April 04, 2011, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I just have to wait 101 days too see the movie!!!!!

Posted by lupintonksteddyfan99 on April 05, 2011, 12:36 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I just have to wait 101 days too see the movie!!!!!

Posted by lupintonksteddyfan99 on April 05, 2011, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I just have to wait 101 days too see the movie!!!!!

Posted by lupintonksteddyfan99 on April 05, 2011, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I just have to wait 101 days too see the movie!!!!!

Posted by lupintonksteddyfan99 on April 05, 2011, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I just have to wait 101 days too see the movie!!!!!

Posted by lupintonksteddyfan99 on April 05, 2011, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

OH MY GOODNESS. THis is SO AWESOME!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on April 05, 2011, 06:24 AM report to moderator

“As they tumble over a cliff together . . . " WTF ! A CLIFF? I do hope they don’t ruin this film by pulling too many cheap tricks like that one. The story stands on its own. All they have to do is use it. They don’t fall over a cliff together you IDIOT scriptwriter! Not sure I can face watching it.

Posted by dipsofairy on April 05, 2011, 07:16 PM report to moderator

That’s amazing! I can’t wait to watch the movie! These lines speak for themselves without the action that goes with it! =]

Posted by . on April 24, 2011, 01:50 AM report to moderator

"That glass ball that smashed wasn't the only record of the prophecy. I heard the whole thing in Dumbledore's office, he was the one the prophecy was made to, so he could tell me. From what it said, Harry took a deep breath, "it looks like I'm the one who