Spoiler Alert: Detailed Description of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Footage Shown at CinemaCon

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
April 02, 2011, 12:12 AM

Entertainment Weekly's Inside Movies blog has an incredibly spoilery and detailed description of what was shown in the Warner Bros. presentation this week at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, which you can find (with lots of warning) below. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on the 15th of July later this year.

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY

From the description, the footage shown sounds like it was a collection of various key scenes from the second part of the film, opening with Voldemort whispering, "Harry... bring him to me." Ollivander tells the trio, “He’s after you Mr. Potter. You really don’t stand a chance” to which Harry responds, “I suppose I’ll have to kill him before he finds me, then.”

Slightly more lighthearted scenes are also described:

There was footage of a battle with the white dragon, and Hermione cries, “We can’t just stand here. Who’s got an idea?”
“Don’t ask us,” Ron squeaks. “You’re the brilliant one!”
“I’ve got something, but it’s mad,” she says, and before she can explain it she dives through a stone archway onto the back of the beast.
The blog mentions a scene set in the hills outside of Hogwarts:
“We need to get into Hogwarts tonight,” Harry says, but Hermione thinks he’s being rash.
“We can’t do that. We have to plan. We’ve got to figure it out,” she says.
But Ron decides they should just charge in, fearless. “Hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!”
The presentation also showed scenes from right at the end of the film:
The camera scans over a hallway full of bodies, not lying peacefully, but scattered and broken with blood smearing the floor. Voldemort’s voice says: “You have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. Join me in The Forbidden Forest and confront your fate.”
Additionally, the audience was shown scenes of Harry and the Resurrection Stone:
In the forest, Harry finds the images of those Voldemort meant, the people who have given their lives for him: His mother, father, godfather Sirius Black…
“Why are you here, all of you?” he demands.
“We never left,” his mother whispers.
“You’ll stay with me?” Harry’s voice is high and fearful, while the ghosts are soothing and calm.
“Always,” his mother says.
“Until the end,” adds his father, which is as ominous as it is reassuring.
The scene from the teaser trailer with Harry and Voldemort was also included, followed by the scene from the Kings' Cross chapter, a "white void" where Dumbledore says to him, “You brave, brave man…You are the true master of death, Harry.”

Lastly:
In the next scene, he is facing Alan Rickman’s Severus Snape in the Great Hall of Hogwarts, challenging him as thousands of students look on. “How dare you stand where he stood!” Potter screams. “Tell them how it happened that night. How you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and KILLED him!” Anyone who knows the story can read layers of reaction on Snape’s face.

More battle unfolds, as the two armies clash over the battleground of the school. “Let’s finish this the way we started,” Potter tells Voldemort, grabbing him as they both tumble over a cliff as Potter’s voice echoes: “… together… “

But the truly heartbreaking line comes just before the end, as Potter says, “I never wanted any of you to die for me.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_thumb

This is going to be incredible! I am so excited for this to happen. I can’t wait!!!

Posted by bweil on April 02, 2011, 09:42 AM report to moderator
6-8b2a0dac50cab1dc7808800c700d3762_thumb_thumb

Sounds Brilliant!!! Although I’m slightly worried that Remus wasn’t mentioned in the Resurrection Stone scene, they cut him out of far too much of the films, i’d be devastated if they cut him out of this bit.

Posted by teamtonks on April 02, 2011, 09:51 AM report to moderator
34331_403384892123_513332123_4458541_4799967_n__3__thumb

Awesome. I’m a bit confused by the Harry and Voldemort tumble over a cliff part lol

Posted by potter2005 on April 02, 2011, 11:15 AM report to moderator

Steve Kloves cannot write and the WB kept him on! He is terrible! Problems already! He has completely ruined the series.

Harry and Voldemort topple off a cliff???? What?

Since when was Snape in the Great Hall so that Harry could yell at him???

Hermione jumping on the Dragons back???

No Lupin????

They should have kept Michael Goldenberg. He was a MUCH better writer.

Posted by pixey on April 02, 2011, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_april08_002_thumb

ahhhh i cant wait! :)

Posted by iheartrw on April 02, 2011, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

This looks great ! Absolutely phenomenal !! I have stated repeatedly that I am not one who goes into these films " with the book in my lap ". I like added extra scenes as they give me " new Potter ". Things that " could have happened ". They are staying very true to the whole spirit and intent of the book. That is quite obvious. But this is a film, it demands more action, not just villian and hero circling each other having a conversation. That’s wonderful for a book, not so much for a film.

I am very excited to see this !!

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on April 02, 2011, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

“Why are you here, all of you?” he demands.
“We never left,” his mother whispers.
“Always,” his mother says.
“Until the end,” adds his father, which is as ominous as it is reassuring.

• serious lip wobbling happening here !! ****
Posted by Hinkypunkmum on April 02, 2011, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Omisgosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds AMAZING!!!!! I should not have read that though. I have been trying to stay off spoilers, but I can’t help it!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 02, 2011, 01:28 PM report to moderator

errmmmmm Harry GRABS Voldy???? That sounds scary! and also really bizar! i would hope that lupin is in the forest and they just didnt write about it in the review(i hope that but i imagine they wouldnt really miss something like that out) but it never really came across that strongly in the films that Harry and Lupin were that close so i suppose it kind off makes sence where the films are concerned hes not there. I like the idea of Harry yelling at Snape though. We havent seen much of Snape so i really dont mind that they are straying from the book where hes concerned. As long as they dont mess up the princes tale! Anyway we can hardly judge by reading this. I reserve my comments until i actually see the film!

Posted by Traceymmm on April 02, 2011, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Wow I am so excited!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 02, 2011, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Hermione_96

Awesome!!! this is going to be so good , i can’t wait till July.

Posted by Alec wick. *ROAR* on April 02, 2011, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

STOP BEING SO INSULTING TO THE FILMMAKERS!
Put being a good person, BEFORE, being a good critic.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on April 02, 2011, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I really really hate it that they (Kloves and others) give so many of Harry’s lines (and intelligence) to Hermione. I don’t get it, esp here, with Hermione coming up with riding the dragon idea.

Also, Harry and Voldie tumbling over a hill??

Posted by izziewitch on April 02, 2011, 04:50 PM report to moderator

Harry suggests the dragon doesnt he? And Lupin better come out of that stone too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see the movie. July can’t get here fast enough!

Posted by weasley4me on April 02, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

I will not want the movie to end!!

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on April 02, 2011, 08:15 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"So!" she barked. "Still here, are you?"[br]"Yes," said Harry.[br]"Don't you say 'yes' in that ungrateful tone," Aunt Marge growled. "It's damn good of Vernon and Petunia to keep you. Wouldn't have done it myself. You'd have gone straight to an orphange i