Teaser Trailer Released for "The Woman in Black" Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Release Date Pushed Back (Updated with Download Links)

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
April 10, 2011, 09:12 PM

IGN today posted a teaser trailer for the new film adaptation of "The Woman in Black", which stars Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) as Arthur Kipps. You can watch the trailer embedded below or at this link on the IGN website. The trailer can also be seen on YouTube.

The Woman in Black was originally a 1983 novel by Susan Hill and a stage play adaptation of the thriller has been running in London's West End since 1989. The film - directed by James Watkins and also starring Aberforth actor Ciaran Hinds - is set to be released in February of 2012 in the UK, pushed back from the original October 2011 release.

Radcliffe's character, Arthur Kipps, is a young lawyer who glimpses a woman dressed entirely in black as he works in the isolated home of a recently deceased client.

Thanks to HPANA for the heads up!

Update: We have now been sent some download links for the teaser trailer in a number of formats as well as an official synopsis:

Based on the classic ghost story, THE WOMAN IN BLACK tells the tale of Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe), a lawyer who is forced to leave his young son and travel to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House.

Working alone in the old mansion, Kipps begins to uncover the town’s tragic and tortured secrets and his fears escalate when he discovers that local children have been dying under mysterious circumstances.  When those closest to him become threatened by the vengeful woman in black, Kipps must find a way to break the cycle of terror.

THE WOMAN IN BLACK also stars Ciaran Hinds (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY) and Janet McTeer (TUMBLEWEEDS), was adapted from Susan Hill’s novel for the screen by Jane Goldman (KICK ASS) and directed by James Watkins (EDEN LAKE).
You can also have a look at the Facebook page or official website for more information on the film.

Trailer download links:

WMV - Windows Media Player
Small
Medium
Large

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

I don’t usually like horror movies, but I just might give this one a try. :) Daniel looks fabulous and the teaser does it’s job well – it’s peaked my interest.

Posted by Xyra44 on April 12, 2011, 07:39 PM report to moderator

Wow, I saw a preview in a movie magazine a while ago but didn’t expect much… but after seeing the clip, just wow…
And Daniel indeed looks hot in that clip…
too bad the release date is pushed back because I’m defenitely going to watch that movie

Posted by maatjeHP on April 13, 2011, 07:22 AM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh my god it looks like they have done it good…. I LOVED the play when i saw it 10 years ago in London, it captured me and since i have read the book and watched the BBC adaptation a zillion times… I can not wait for this Film to come out I’m really excited!!!

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on April 13, 2011, 08:03 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I am so afraid of scary movies I couldn’t even watch the trailer :-Z

Posted by Rosie016 on April 13, 2011, 09:04 AM report to moderator

It’s not really horror, it’s more a ghost story. It is creepy though especially when you learn that there’s a real effect of the woman’s appearances on people who see her. The play was fantastic, very memorable and very simply staged, being a one man show with very little in the way of props or scenery.

Is anyone else having problems getting onto danradcliffe.com??

Posted by anne1 on April 13, 2011, 09:07 AM report to moderator

I love horror movies and good lord Dan looks so hot in this movie. So stoked.

Posted by hermioneweasley17 on April 13, 2011, 03:12 PM report to moderator

I love horror movies and good lord Dan looks so hot in this movie. So stoked.

Posted by hermioneweasley17 on April 13, 2011, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

OMG it looks amazing and so scary….! Go Dan!:)
I can´t wait to see it, I just hope it´s not too scary…well, I guess I´ll see it anyway lol!:)

Posted by jessyginny on April 13, 2011, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

I was a little nervous about Daniel in any other movie, but this looks fantastic.

Posted by undesirable1 on April 13, 2011, 11:24 PM report to moderator
Flying-ford-anglia-resized-128_thumb

I don’t normally like scary movies. Will I make an exception for Dan? Hopefully.

Posted by Immortal Phoenix on April 14, 2011, 06:21 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

I might be a brave Gryffindor…but I have a faint heart for horror movies. The trailer itself was enough to give me a heart attack ;P

Posted by Miss Weasley on April 14, 2011, 09:22 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

The trailer looks very scary….

I don’t do scary… :-)

Sorry Dan. I’m going to have to sit this one out (like it will matter to him).

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on April 14, 2011, 11:50 PM report to moderator

Will be deffo going to see that, can’t wait to see it

Posted by suzyweasley on May 16, 2011, 11:52 AM report to moderator

"When you say 'Sirius,' are you talking about Stubby Boardman?"