Teaser Trailer Released for "The Woman in Black" Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Release Date Pushed Back (Updated with Download Links)

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
April 10, 2011, 09:12 PM

IGN today posted a teaser trailer for the new film adaptation of "The Woman in Black", which stars Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) as Arthur Kipps. You can watch the trailer embedded below or at this link on the IGN website. The trailer can also be seen on YouTube.

The Woman in Black was originally a 1983 novel by Susan Hill and a stage play adaptation of the thriller has been running in London's West End since 1989. The film - directed by James Watkins and also starring Aberforth actor Ciaran Hinds - is set to be released in February of 2012 in the UK, pushed back from the original October 2011 release.

Radcliffe's character, Arthur Kipps, is a young lawyer who glimpses a woman dressed entirely in black as he works in the isolated home of a recently deceased client.

Thanks to HPANA for the heads up!

Update: We have now been sent some download links for the teaser trailer in a number of formats as well as an official synopsis:

Based on the classic ghost story, THE WOMAN IN BLACK tells the tale of Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe), a lawyer who is forced to leave his young son and travel to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House.

Working alone in the old mansion, Kipps begins to uncover the town’s tragic and tortured secrets and his fears escalate when he discovers that local children have been dying under mysterious circumstances.  When those closest to him become threatened by the vengeful woman in black, Kipps must find a way to break the cycle of terror.

THE WOMAN IN BLACK also stars Ciaran Hinds (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY) and Janet McTeer (TUMBLEWEEDS), was adapted from Susan Hill’s novel for the screen by Jane Goldman (KICK ASS) and directed by James Watkins (EDEN LAKE).
You can also have a look at the Facebook page or official website for more information on the film.

Trailer download links:

WMV - Windows Media Player
Small
Medium
Large

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

Really cool, it looks like something my Mum and brother would like.

Posted by Ariana Devins on April 11, 2011, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

The teaser has peaked my curiousity but not sure whether I would actually see as with December Boys and My Boy Jack I was interested in seeing the movie but ended up just looking up some youtube clips so hopefully this will motivate me more to see it.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 11, 2011, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Well that was definitely a TEASER trailer. It didn’t give ANYTHING away, which I like. Dan’s got some smexy sideburns lol….
Apparently my mom’s getting the book for me from the library so I suppose once I’ve read it I’ll be able to decide if I actually want to see this…. I honestly don’t know if I’ll be able to withstand a scary ghost movie…….. I’m a wimp lol.

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on April 11, 2011, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This sounds amazing! I will def. see it as soon as its out in the US. I bet Dan will be great. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on April 11, 2011, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

It looks amazing and I’d love to go but like a lot of commenters, I get way too scared by scary movies. I did like Let the Right One In, though, so maybe if it’s just sort of scary, it would be OK?

Posted by jillians642 on April 12, 2011, 01:55 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

i don’t even like scary movies that much, but for daniel, i just might have to check it out. i love the variety of things he’s been doing so far.

Posted by Rinny on April 12, 2011, 03:57 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’m looking forward to seeing this, I don’t mind scary, it’s gory I can’t stand, so if it’s an old school sort of film which builds up the tension then scares the life out of you without resorting to shocking you with nasty gore filled images, I’ll enjoy it (then probably have nightmares!)

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 12, 2011, 07:47 AM report to moderator
12735_thumb

Cool , I want to see this! But it looks scary .

Posted by I-MustNotTellLies on April 12, 2011, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Waldohreule_thumb

The trailer doesn’t give many clues…I read the book though and liked it, so will watch the movie no doubt.

Posted by snowyowl77 on April 12, 2011, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

This sounds like a really scary, and spooky story. I hope to see it!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 12, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

Horror stories are just not my cup of tea… I get scared very easily and I’m definiterly NOT going to see this… I hope it’s good though!

Posted by Despina on April 12, 2011, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

That looks really cool… but i prob wont see it :(

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on April 12, 2011, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

only 47 seconds, but looks intense! Storyline sounds interesting…It doesnt say anything about being released in the US…. : ( I hope it gets released here

Posted by Beckster235 on April 12, 2011, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Looks creepy!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on April 12, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Looks creepy!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on April 12, 2011, 06:00 PM report to moderator

"My father's next door buying my books and mother's up the street looking at wands," said the boy. He had a bored, drawling voice. "Then I'm going to drag them off to look at racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I'll