"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Deleted Scene Released, Shows Harry and Aunt Petunia at Privet Drive

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 25, 2011, 01:14 PM

A new deleted scene set to be included among the bonus features of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" BluRay DVD set has been released online and shows a very tender and touching scene between Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Aunt Petunia (Fiona Shaw).  The clip, which runs approximately one minute long, takes place at the now empty Privet Drive home of the Dursleys before they must flee from Death Eaters.  To view the deleted scene, please click here.

Thanks to Portkey.it.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Good scene. Wish they would have left it in.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on March 26, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

I wish they kept this in, this is the emotional payoff we’ve been waiting for.

Posted by Amy Darlene on March 26, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

That would have been a really great scene! The way they left in the movie was too quick and didn’t give any indication that the Durselys had changed.
It’s really too bad they cut it.

Posted by Jacket on March 26, 2011, 06:27 PM report to moderator

I had hoped to see something like this in themovie. Don’t they know what huge fans these movies have? I personally would have loved the movie to be longer!

Posted by Dawna on March 26, 2011, 06:34 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

It really shows another side of her. Like the end of the Deathly Hallows book did in the Prince’s Tale when Lily and Petunia were little. Awww if they put it in EVERYONE would have seen Petunia at her best:(

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on March 26, 2011, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

WHY did they cut this?!?!?!?!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on March 26, 2011, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I cannot wait to see the cut scene with Harry and Dudley! This was perfect, I’m really sorry they lost it.

Posted by Bless_the_children on March 26, 2011, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

I think I would have preferred something in between this and what was in movie. The movie is a bit too rushed, with no hint of any sort of reconciliation but this is almost a verbal one – I love the feeling of the scene in the book, where she just hesitates – I think it’s much more powerful… like, maybe this is what she wants to say, but realizes that after all these years of neglect, it won’t seem genuine? Or maybe that she just can’t accept that she really does miss Lily and has been so blinded by jealousy. All in all, I’m glad they cut it – though it’s a great scene and better than nothing, because the timing/pace would have been really thrown off, think about what’s going on when they show what they do in the movie – Hermione’s just left her parents, it’s very emotional and intense, and they show Ron and Harry both preparing to leave, all while playing music that keeps that intense feeling going. To insert this in in the middle of that would have ruined the feel of those scenes. Hermione’s goodbye was much more intense, it was a good idea to have Ron and Harry’s goodbyes just tag along with hers. Just my opinion, though.

BTW, has anyone else seen the new picture from the movie?? AWESOME. I’m surprised Leaky hasn’t posted it yet. I emailed it to them in case they haven’t seen it. Hopefully it gets posted soon.

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on March 27, 2011, 08:51 AM report to moderator

woah thats crazy! why didnt they add that! it would have been cool! but i think it would have ruined the scene of leaving the families in the movie. ughh, i wish they would just stick to the books!!

Posted by lubnadreamsbig on March 27, 2011, 02:38 PM report to moderator

Again, why did they not add the scene, one minute would not have made that much difference in the film. The added enough other JUNK scenes that were not in the book (eg. burning of the Burrrow) so why not this one??? And I totally agree with @PaskuniusSenus regarding the length of the films and the hope for longer ones with the deleted scenes.

Posted by hewy on March 27, 2011, 04:05 PM report to moderator
550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

That was an amazing scene. Really showe Aunt Petunia from a different perspective. Loved it ! :)

Posted by Ariana Devins on March 27, 2011, 04:10 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

OMG perfect cant belive tthey didnt show that in the movie.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 27, 2011, 05:06 PM report to moderator

I’m glad that they cut it. That was entirely made up by Steven Kloves. It was touching and I’m sure at some level it was true for Petunia, but she never said such a thing. She couldn’t even bring herself to address Harry as they were leaving. I wish they would’ve kept the whole Dursley scene as it was in the book.

Posted by Bellatricksthestrange on March 27, 2011, 08:10 PM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

How long before we can get all eight ultimate editions?

Posted by Madeye Carl on March 27, 2011, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Design_keepcalm_thumb

Sometimes I wish they would show more of the books in the movie….for one thing Dudley became civil with Harry….and they didn’t show it….I wish they hadn’t cut this scene

Posted by sunny2017 on March 28, 2011, 02:10 AM report to moderator

[i]"Hem, hem,"[/i] said Professor Umbridge.[br]"I wonder," said Professor McGonagall in cold fury, turning on Professor Umbridge, "how you expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally pe