"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Deleted Scene Released, Shows Harry and Aunt Petunia at Privet Drive

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 25, 2011, 01:14 PM

A new deleted scene set to be included among the bonus features of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" BluRay DVD set has been released online and shows a very tender and touching scene between Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Aunt Petunia (Fiona Shaw).  The clip, which runs approximately one minute long, takes place at the now empty Privet Drive home of the Dursleys before they must flee from Death Eaters.  To view the deleted scene, please click here.

Thanks to Portkey.it.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hpdh_capture_thumb

Cool. But would Aunt Petunia really say that, especially to Harry? I don’t know… Maybe that’s just how she really feels.

Posted by sirius33 on March 25, 2011, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

I hope that, down the road apiece, they will release three-hour versions of all the films in the series, to satisfy those of us who have read all the books and want to see more of them on screen. That would include added footage of the Dursleys, Hermione’s ongoing fight for elf rights, more of the Quidditch match that opens GOF, and so on.
I’m saying all this with the knowledge that, though they may not have filmed every chapter in this book (ditto 1-6), they do cut out miles of footage to get each movie down to a commercially-viable length. And they don’t get rid of the extra exposures. Point is, after DHII, there will be no more new films to release. But there may be newer, longer versions of the originals. I hope I’m right- so does everyone else who loves HP! LOL

Posted by Paskunius Senus on March 25, 2011, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

This is a fabulous scene! I do hope it gets added to the movie for the Ultimate Collector’s Edition. I know it’s not exactly cannon, but it would have been nice to get a little more than an arial glimpse of the Dursleys leaving Privet Drive.

Posted by Xyra44 on March 25, 2011, 08:25 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I started crying wehen I saw that! I always felt that Petunia should had admitted to Harry hwo she felt, that she did love her sister despite her lealousy and she most likely had feelings for Harry, no matter how she tried to sqaush them down :(

Posted by joeys_mommy on March 25, 2011, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

OMR…I cried. Like. A. Baby. This is so amazing! WHY DON’T THEY PUT THESE SCENES IN???

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on March 25, 2011, 10:08 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

I’ve seen it. Amazing, quite touching.

Posted by potternotrotter on March 25, 2011, 11:49 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

as with all yates’ other edits, this was cut for tone. personally, i’m not that bothered, because i think the scene is a little too on-the-nose. i prefer the more subtle interaction in the book.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on March 26, 2011, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Emileesaurus_thumb

Why did they cut this?! Ugh!! Character development just bites in the movies, Dursley’s especially. Other than the dementor thing in five, which I felt was more about what the animators could do, I think the last time we really saw any developmental AT ALL was movie three!

And this scene aside, I was really disappointed not seeing Dudley shake Harry’s hand. Give the character some redemption!

Posted by Beansie on March 26, 2011, 01:59 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

And suddenly the viewers of the movie find this other side of Petunia that we see from Snape’s memories when she was a little girl and loved her sister. I really wish that would be in the movie ;/

Posted by Miss Weasley on March 26, 2011, 03:24 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

It would’ve been so great to watch it in the movie..such a touching scene.

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on March 26, 2011, 04:31 AM report to moderator

I always thought that there was more to the goodbye on Petunia’s part, but Jo let that up to us to decide if we think she fells bad about her sisters death, and never seeing Harry again. I always felt that she was upset about Lilly’s death because of the fact that she took Harry in. If she never wanted to do with her sister anymore she would have never took him in. In book 7 I thought that she wanted to say something to Harry, but she never did. I’m glad that the movie gave her some say.

Posted by lpierich on March 26, 2011, 05:50 AM report to moderator

Is this the scene where Harry and Dudley shake hands and Dudley thanks Harry for saving him from the Dementors.

Posted by Potters_pal on March 26, 2011, 06:42 AM report to moderator

Moving scene, what a great actress Fiona Shaw is. Can we please have extended editions of ALL the films someday Warner Brothers, and ones that you can actually buy in the UK. Remember the UK WB?

Posted by hereward on March 26, 2011, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awww why did they delete that? It was a very different angle of Aunt Petunia

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on March 26, 2011, 09:13 AM report to moderator

As much as I like the scene, I have to agree with the others who feel it doesn’t belong in the movie. Although we (as passionate readers of the books) can see why it belongs, others who may only watch the movies or have a casual relationship with the books wouldn’t understand why she’s had such a change of heart. I like the way JKR left the Dursley’s leaving – the reader can imagine Petunia saying something heartfelt or not…

Posted by PWilly on March 26, 2011, 01:30 PM report to moderator

"There is no shame in what you are feeling, Harry," said Dumbledore's voice. "On the contrary... the fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014