Fun Friday: House Color Clarifications

Humor
Posted by: Edward
March 18, 2011, 11:56 PM

Debates continue regarding the correct school colors in the books verses the films.  For this Friday, we look to a cartoon from spelljinxcursehexcharm for more understanding.  Enjoy below:

/edwardtemp/ravenclawcolours.jpeg

Thanks to Naomi C for the link!

This is the latest installment of Fun Fridays where we will highlight a new, cool, funny, or interesting thing created created by the Harry Potter fan community.  This could be anything from a funny spoof on YouTube, a particulary clever cartoon, or something awesome created by our community.  If you come across something that fits that description, email us at fun@leakynews.com and it may end up on a Fun Friday soon!

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Humor News

I’m normally sooooo loyal to the books but yeah for me silver does look better! Besides you can never find a good bronze yarn!

Posted by lizzyrc on March 20, 2011, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

Too cute.

Posted by Bara on March 21, 2011, 01:50 AM report to moderator
Harryscreaming_thumb

Haha, I love it! Although now I’ll feel awkward when I wear my blue-and-silver scarf. ;)

Posted by AnnaGrace on March 21, 2011, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

I obviously thinks the books are much better than the movies, but on this topic, i do prefer the look of blue and silver to the look of blue and bronze; bronze just isn’t an appealing color to me, and i don’t particularly feel like it goes well with the blue.

even though technically blue and bronze wins, i still pick blue and silver.

Posted by Rinny on March 22, 2011, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts2_thumb

I actually don’t think of the movie colors as blue and silver but dark blue and light blue, and I tend to wear these with bronze/antique gold accessories when I want to dress up in my house’s colors.
But I’m planning a Rowena Ravenclaw cosplay and the thing is: how do you define “bronze”, exactly? At best, I’m looking for metallic brown fabric… the other houses have it easy! ;p

(Hate the movie crow mascot though)

Posted by Lil on March 25, 2011, 10:46 AM report to moderator

Bronze looks way better

Posted by suzyweasley on May 16, 2011, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How very colorful!

Posted by Won_Two on June 23, 2011, 09:59 PM report to moderator

"I [i]told[/i] you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of -- of scarlet woman!"[br]Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. [i]"Scarlet woman?"[/i] she repeated, shaking with suppressed giggles as she looked