ABC Family "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Preview Online; New Looks at Snape, Final Battle, and More

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 18, 2011, 12:02 AM

As expected, video of the exclusive "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" preview which aired as part of ABC Family's Harry Potter weekend has made its way online.  To view this clip, click here to see it in HD.

The final installment of the Harry Potter films will be released in theaters this July.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Severus_snape__poster__thumb

Oh..my God…WHY must I wait until July?!?! This movie is gonna have me scremaing, sobbing, and cheering at the top of my lungs. The book was amazing…the movie? Wow…

I have questions regarding parts in the trailer. The part where Voldemort holds harry’s face? where is that in the book, and if i’m mistaken this must take place after Harry comes back to life. But from my understanding from the books it is because He is a horcrux, isn’t he? After he turned 17 didn’t the “love” spell from his mother lift? or when Voldemort returned and used Harry’s blood, he then could touch him. Also from my understanding from the last book, When Harry and Voldemort fight, there is some sort of priori incantatem, but I don’t understand how that could be as Voldemort has the Elder Wand at this time. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted by taylorsm on March 20, 2011, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Img_0020_thumb

Oh my word – I had to watch it 3 times – and paused to see if it was actually Ginny screaming! Yay! Emotion!

Wow.. if possible, I’m more excited than before.

Posted by ladydars on March 21, 2011, 05:21 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Regarding taylorsm’s question:

1. There is no scene in the book when Harry confronts Voldemort in the clock tower.

2. Harry can CHOOSE to come back to life because the Horcrux will replace his place and to be left there.

2. The “love” spell did fade away the moment he turn 17.

3. Voldemort can touch him is indeed due to the blood they share.

4. That is NOT priori incantatem, it only happends when two wand with the identical core confronts each other. The elder wand and hawthorn wand are not twins so they are simply a ordinary wand duel. However, the elder wand’s loyalty belongs to Harry which causes it to refuse to kill him and back fired Voldemort.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on March 21, 2011, 05:42 AM report to moderator

Thank you, so Harry doesn’t really live because of LOVE then, it’s because he decided he wanted to live. Not LOVE like from his parents. The prior incantatem is just when the wand reproduces past spells then isn’t it.

Posted by taylorsm on March 21, 2011, 08:37 AM report to moderator

@ThinkPositive: I do enjoy the movies too. It’s just that they do disappoint me everytime in the same time. I Don’t know if I make myself clear hehe. But sorry if I ruin the fun of anyone here.
It’s just that I can’t really talk "negatively about it somewehre where they don’t watch the movie!…

And, well, my point is just that I think they went, since GoF, for spectacular more than deep relationship and characterisation…that’s all.

Posted by argoras on March 21, 2011, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Screen-capture_thumb

It looks as though Neville has found the Sorting Hat in the rubble. It makes the story less complicated. For those who are debating the ‘connecting of the wands’, the same effect was used in the film of the Order of the Phoenix during the duel between Dumbledore and Voldemort to illustrate the struggle between two evenly matched opponents. No ghostly reversed spells showed up then.

Posted by minerva-rules-uk on March 23, 2011, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

So great! Emotional and powerful and great effects – Can’t wait for the full trailer – and the full movie! I’ve already blocked out my time for the midnight showing, even though the nearest theatre is 20 miles away!

Posted by Agrippa1 on March 24, 2011, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

An amazing clip! I am so glad they left the Gringott’s scenes in. The dragon looks properly menacing, and the cart ride down into the depths of Gringott’s will be stomach churning, from the looks of the clip. Awesome!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 25, 2011, 07:36 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

Just.Brilliant.

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on March 26, 2011, 08:44 PM report to moderator

i couldn’t find Neville holding the sorting hat! where was it!

Posted by lubnadreamsbig on March 27, 2011, 07:38 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"And in our first year," said Neville to the group at large, "he saved that Sorcerous Stone --"[br]"Sorcerer's," hissed Hermione.[br]"Yes, that, from You-Know-Who," finished Neville.