Emma Watson Announced as the New Ambassadress of Lancome, Images from Photoshoot with Mario Testino (Updated)

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
March 15, 2011, 04:20 AM

After posting a set of clues on her official Twitter account and a number of rumours last month, Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) officially was announced as the new face of Lancôme. Emma's official website quoted the press release from the French beauty house as follows:

Lancôme is pleased to announce the arrival of Emma Watson as new ambassadress of Lancôme. “Thanks to her charm, romanticism and her incredible modernity, Emma Watson has become the icon of her generation. we are delighted by this new collaboration with Emma who brings a fresh spirit to Lancôme”, says Youcef Nabi, President of Lancôme International.
Emma also tweeted: "It starts with an L and ends with an E. I’m sure you have guessed the new face of Lancôme is me! :-)" The actress spent Monday in Paris working on her Lancôme advertising campaign with acclaimed photographer Mario Testino. Update: You can now find some of the behind the scenes photographs from that shoot at this link in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Img_0020_thumb

I’m not at all surprised – she is gorgeous! I’m dubious about the whole animal testing thing – I am sure that the question will be asked of her in future.

Posted by ladydars on March 15, 2011, 06:33 PM report to moderator

well done Emma, we all have made choices, some good, some bad, and while it is easy to point the finger there are few of us that do not use other products that at some stage were ‘tested’ to be safe, including medicines. Maybe being on the inside she can best use her influence to change how they do things at Lancome. If they still practice such things, the Internet can be notoriously out of date on a lot of things.

Posted by DavidTheUnready on March 15, 2011, 07:04 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

GOOD FOR HER :D! shes going to do great.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 15, 2011, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Emma-watson-short-hair-picture_thumb

she just can’t stop being amazing!!!

Posted by Stephaniej on March 16, 2011, 04:14 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

She’s just a beautiful, amazing, inspiring role model. I wish her all of luck and look up to her as the girl-who-played-Hermione! ;]

Posted by Miss Weasley on March 16, 2011, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

@DavidThe Unready, the PETA website gets updated weekly to ensure a fair evaluation of the companies’ policies. Yes, I am sure most of us took medicines in the past that was tested on animals. But medicines and cosmetics are completely different matters – as far as testing medicines goes, the development of alternative testing methods isn’t as far developed as for cosmetics. Yes, most of us may have accidently bought some product that was at some point tested on animals. But Emma’s commitment to Lancome is no accident. She chose to lend her face to the brand. She is employed to advertise, not to change the brand. I doubt that she will have any influence on the products at all. She lost her credibility in my opinion. She does not stand by what she said about trying to make ethical choices.

Posted by siena on March 16, 2011, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

You know what? She’s got plenty of money. She could have survived without this job, or gotten a job working for a company that didn’t test on animals. I’m extremely disappointed. Makeup, bloody hell, is not that important. It’s not vital. It’s a decoration! It’s not like medicine- it doesn’t save anyone’s life! We should tweet her, all of us, telling her this. I thought she was so much better than this- supporting a company that puts awful chemicals in animals’ eyes- they die you know. Little adorable bunnies with chemicals in their eyes, they break their backs and necks trying to escape the torture. Is that what she’s working for? Yeah, it is.

Posted by ProfessorAlice on March 16, 2011, 03:06 PM report to moderator

Great .I like this . http://www.hats-club.com

Posted by red bull hats on March 16, 2011, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Jamesoliverphelps_thumb

She is so pretty. Good for her :)

Posted by MischiefManaged404 on March 17, 2011, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

love er

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on March 17, 2011, 06:34 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

That’s great! She looks fresh. She’s just the right girl for Lancome!

Posted by potternotrotter on March 18, 2011, 05:25 AM report to moderator

I agree,sienna—this does not go with her fair trade/organic clothing marketing mix. There are several organic personal care companies that sell @ Whole Foods and other health food stores, that would love to have her promote their products. Not only do all these “dept store beauty house” companies, use animal testing, but they also contain lead, parabens, formaldehyde, and other toxic chemicals. Her words and actions clearly do not match on this choice. I think all her fans should tweet her on this, as it is our responsibility. I think this summer you’ll see yet another instance, where her words/actions do not match.

Posted by wanda1 on March 18, 2011, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

@wanda1, this is exactly what I am thinking too and why I am so angry with her now. She did this amazing job with PeopleTree – she went to the slums of Bangladesh, she opened her eyes to the horrible situation careless shopping on our part creates for those people who work for mainstream cloth manufacturers. She informed herself about fairtrade, and the enormous difference it makes for the lives of people. She combined this with her own intelligence and creativity to create a totally adorable fashion collection. And now this advertising for Lancome … it is just so disappointing. As you said, there are so many organic, ethical brands out there that ARE just as fashionable as Lancome – if not more so, due to their guilty-free approach. It is just no fun buying stuff that’s not ethical – and it is absolutely not necessary any longer, as there are so many different choices. I DO want to see Emma advertising – she looks fantastic, she is intelligent – but the right kind of brands that go with her proposal to make good choices.

Posted by siena on March 18, 2011, 10:16 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@siena, I’m really impressed with your arguments and I hope Leaky fans will take note of what you’ve said. This is a very important issue. There is no excuse for animal testing and the more people who know about it, the better. WELL DONE!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on March 18, 2011, 11:01 AM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

I was quite curious to find out if Lancôme does really do animal testing..and I looked on the PETA website and couldn’t find anything. I’m trying to give Emma the benefit of the doubt that she chose an ethical company to support…but if somebody could find a legitimate source link that I could go read, that would be awesome.

Posted by Potter_Puella on March 20, 2011, 02:28 PM report to moderator

"It's a simple matter if you know what you're doing!" Lockhart was saying loudly to Hagrid. "If you need help, you know where I am! I'll let you have a copy of my book. I'm surprised you haven't already got one -- I'll sign one tonight and send it over. W

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014