Emma Watson Announced as the New Ambassadress of Lancome, Images from Photoshoot with Mario Testino (Updated)

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
March 15, 2011, 04:20 AM

After posting a set of clues on her official Twitter account and a number of rumours last month, Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) officially was announced as the new face of Lancôme. Emma's official website quoted the press release from the French beauty house as follows:

Lancôme is pleased to announce the arrival of Emma Watson as new ambassadress of Lancôme. “Thanks to her charm, romanticism and her incredible modernity, Emma Watson has become the icon of her generation. we are delighted by this new collaboration with Emma who brings a fresh spirit to Lancôme”, says Youcef Nabi, President of Lancôme International.
Emma also tweeted: "It starts with an L and ends with an E. I’m sure you have guessed the new face of Lancôme is me! :-)" The actress spent Monday in Paris working on her Lancôme advertising campaign with acclaimed photographer Mario Testino. Update: You can now find some of the behind the scenes photographs from that shoot at this link in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Harryscreaming_thumb

Congratulations, Emma, and good luck!

Posted by AnnaGrace on March 15, 2011, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Capture_thumb

That’s so great for her!

Posted by ChaseT on March 15, 2011, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Well, who knew that the little girl with the bushy hair would grow up to become an international fashion and beauty icon?! I feel like a proud auntie watching from afar. Congratulations, Emma. So glad to see doors opening for you!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on March 15, 2011, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

According to the PETA website, Lancome does animal testing. Now, is that really the kind of brand you wish to support, Miss Watson? I thought you wished to make ethical choices. There are plenty of prestigious brands out there that don’t promote animal cruelty – Estee Lauder for instance – why not choose one of those? You have got money enough to make good choices, Emma !! I am disappointed in you.

Posted by siena on March 15, 2011, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Angel_thumb

@siena that is the exact thing I thought when I read that. I will say that I am not the biggest fan of Watson, I would go so far as to say I do think she is a very good actress, but I was impressed with a lot of her choices until this. I never use Lancome products just for this reason.

Posted by hrrypttrfn328 on March 15, 2011, 01:08 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Good luck Emma!!
I must say that I thought you should be getting lead roles in movies, not lancome ads this early in your career :/
But whatever you choose to do, i will stick by you Emma !! :)
you are my idol:D

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on March 15, 2011, 01:43 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

meh, I know she’s got a career and all to think about but, the university thing halted followed by this news hmmm! Striking while the iron’s hot I’d say. I think so far Dan’s had the best choices. Oh and I do feel slightly guilty about judging where their careers are gonna go, but I’m genuinely interested were everyone will shoot off to the few years post Potter. And I KNOW those Weinstein pictures shouldn’t have slightly disturbed me… but they did!

Posted by KiwiMcI on March 15, 2011, 02:00 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

There is a lot of conflicting information out there, but I also heard that Lancome does animal testing. If it’s true, I’m sorry Emma is promoting their products.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on March 15, 2011, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Congrats on the job!!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 15, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It’s not one of the best things that she has done, but congratulations!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 15, 2011, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-12-01_at_8

Congrats to her on the job! :) she is my rome model for every choice she has made is wonderful! for example: staying in school, and people tree. However I do have something to say. First, what is Lancome. Second, if they do have animal testing, thats plain awful, however it does not change my liking for her or not. If she chose Lancome it is to follow in the footsteps of another actress, or it is because of another reason. I do not doubt her jugement, one bit, and it is not my place nor any one elses to juge her on that.

Posted by charlotte.granger on March 15, 2011, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-12-01_at_8

Posted by charlotte.granger on March 15, 2011, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Perhaps lancome is trying to keep its products allergy free? I do not agree with animal testing but am grateful to any product that I can wear without developing a rash or blisters!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 15, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

I have to disagree with you, @charlotte.granger. We are exactly in the position to judge her – I would even say it is our duty – if Emma is promoting a brand and an attitude that is ethically irresponsible. Particularly because she emphasized in the past that she wished to make ethical choices wherever possible. I do know that this is not always possible. However, declining a contract with a firm should be very well possible for Emma, as she has the brains and the means to make different choices, to either not do an advertising job at all (she has money enough) or to promote a different, ethical brand.

Posted by siena on March 15, 2011, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Other brands, @Fresca ROAR, do allergy testing – cruelty free. There are nowadays plenty of different methods for testing cosmetics. Other brands have proven this. There is no need for animal testing in the cosmetic industry.

Posted by siena on March 15, 2011, 06:25 PM report to moderator

It seemed that she had crept out of the hospital wing during dinnertime, evidently hoping to depart undetected, but unfortunately for her, she met Peeves on the way, who seized his last chance to do as Fred had instructed and chased her gleefully from the