Read Twilight with Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
February 08, 2011, 08:29 PM

For the month of February Jo's Book Nook, our non-Harry Potter book club, is reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Take part in the discussion at this link.

As for the Harry Potter Book Club, the present reading of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will stay open for February and a new one will start in March. Check it out at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

Great! :) I’ve read Twilight as well, and am currently reading HP novels, and all I can say is that HP is still the best! I’m glad that there’s no competition. I love this community!

Posted by potternotrotter on February 09, 2011, 06:51 AM report to moderator
Steelers_thumb

I actually liked Twilight but no it doesn’t compare to HP. The only book I have ever read that is even close to being on the same scale is The Count of Monte Cristo, which, incidently, I would recommend to anyone.

Posted by josh1210 on February 09, 2011, 07:25 AM report to moderator

This is just WRONG! How can you put twilight on a HP devoted website…choose another book for Feb because no one will read it!!

Posted by Gurps on February 09, 2011, 07:36 AM report to moderator

oh, ew, Twilight D: I personally hate the book, and I don’t understand the plot at all…… it’s just an “ew” book for me!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on February 09, 2011, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Dh-3_thumb

WOW!!!Firstly Twilight on an HP site is fav cool!!! and it tells me that somethings can never be compared…like friendship…the hands offered from HP World..to the Twilight World…can’t this happen??AFTER ALL THAT’S WHAT HARRY POTTER Teaches us….FRIENDSFOREVER :D
Good choice Jo…. :) ;)

Posted by HermioneDreams on February 09, 2011, 08:34 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

oh calm down everyone, by getting so irate you’re adding fuel to the fire that the 2 fandoms hate each other- what nonsense. I don’t like them like many others but its as valid a choice as any other. Granted a slight step down on the literature side but it’s popularity means it’s worth a look in in Jo’s Book Nook. As for me I’m headed straight to OOTP now

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 09, 2011, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Normal_09012004_thumb

I can fairly say that, as someone who has read ALL the Twilight books, they are… entertaining. If you want a girly, overdramatic book, then twilight is fine. in terms of really GETTING something from the book, I’m not sure… honestly, the best way to read the books is to just read them fast and for fun and not really look that into it, because if you do, you’ll most likely find quite a few things that urk you…

Posted by sarahkaz on February 09, 2011, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Imagesca3rqab7_thumb

Twilight? On a Harry Potter site? Starting to think that the post was made by a Twihard prankster…

Posted by Madira Ulthar on February 09, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

Ok that just weird I don’t hate Twilight but I am not a fan cuz it all about drama and I read the books but didn’t finish it I stopped on the 3th books on ch. 8 lol.

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on February 09, 2011, 03:03 PM report to moderator

Okay if its Jo’s choice so be it. Read it. Did not GET it. Too over the top with drama and no humor at all. Have read alot of other things since the first HP read and have enjoyed all but the Twilight thing just lost me and I did enjoy “The Historian” , oh well different strokes for different folks.

Posted by hewy on February 09, 2011, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Gary_oldman_07-1-1_thumb

Well, Twilight is February’s choice for the Book Nook because it was nominated by a member and more members voted for that than the other nominations. That’s the way all books are chosen for the Nook. We currently have three nominations for March’s choice and will welcome votes http://www.leakylounge.com/Poll-March-s-Book-Nook-t73609.html&pid=1899477#entry1899477 The only way to keep out books you don’t like is to come along and nominate and then vote for the ones you do like :) Personally I’ve loved HP for quite a few years now but I would never let my love for the series stop me from reading and discussing others. It’s a big old literary world out there and exploring it is wonderful, so whether you love or hate Twilight we want to know why. :)

Posted by Dreamteam on February 09, 2011, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Avatar_shadow_thumb

Twilight? Are you kidding me? Talk about overrated…

Posted by redwall_hp on February 09, 2011, 05:03 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

i have read it…. its okay some of it is just so…. well any way interesting choice ill b sure to pop in and see what people are saying.

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on February 09, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator

I love both HP and Twilight for completely different reasons. I don’t think you can completely discount a different series of books without reading them on the basis of being “loyal” to the one you read first and loved. Think how much you might miss. Of course not everyone is going to love Twilight. Just like not everyone loves HP. Some people like chocolate and some like vanilla. But as Dreamteam so eloquently said, you can’t let your love for one series stop you from reading another. Besides, there’s plenty of room for both series and enough fans of both to go around. If you don’t want to read it, don’t. Simple as that. But let’s let those who do want to read it enjoy doing so!

Posted by songbird on February 09, 2011, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

I don’t see any reason why Twilight should be ‘banned’ from any HP site. That said, I couldn’t get past the first 3 chapters of the first book myself.
And I won’t give it a new try, at the moment (although I might drop in the Book Nook occasionally). I’m a bit occupied at the moment, rereading PoA in Dutch, and a friend has lend The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams to me (not one of the slimmest books, to put it mildly).
Josh1210, I agree. The Count of Monte Cristo is great. One of the few books I’ve read more than three times. For those who don’t know it, it has everything: revenge, court room thriller, financial thriller, pirates, love a la Romeo and Julliet, a ‘treasure island’, escape a la Alcatraz, duels. Awesome.

Posted by Tarana on February 09, 2011, 05:55 PM report to moderator

"Right then," said Professor McGonagall, looking up at the hourglasses on the wall, "well, I think Potter and his friends ought to have fifty points apiece for alerting the world to the return of You-Know-Who! What say you, Professor Snape?"[br]"What?" sn