J. K. Rowling Tweets Again; Pen and Paper Remain Priority

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
February 24, 2011, 01:26 PM

Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling has once again taken to her Twitter account to share the news that writing is still her top priority, but has not given any further indication on what exactly that might be.  Jo tweets:

This is the real me, but you won't be hearing from me often I'm afraid, as pen and paper are STILL my priority at the moment.

As readers may recall, the Harry Potter author recently was quoted as saying she's "writing hard" on "several things at once."

Stay close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dhsmall_thumb

I cannot wait to read what Jo puts out next!!!

Posted by akcorr on February 24, 2011, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

I can’t wait either!

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on February 24, 2011, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Nice. I’m gonna wait anxiously to read the exact same message in 4 months. Really Jo… why twitt at all? At least change the text a little. Nothing against you wanting some time to write and all that, but that’s not what twitter is for.

Other than that I love ya, you crazy awesome writer! lol!

Posted by Thio on February 24, 2011, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Spooky_cat_thumb

Actually she tweets almost the same thing once every 6 months. The only difference is this one added the word STILL. I think she has the account to keep some idiots from making fake JK Rowling accounts. We KNOW this is the real JK, so all others are easily recognizable as fakes. I wonder if you need to tweet once every 6 months to keep the account active.

Posted by cbm on February 24, 2011, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cbm: Yes, if an account is unused for 6 months then Twirtter can remove it.

Posted by roonwit on February 24, 2011, 03:29 PM report to moderator

yaayyy! <3 <3 <3 <3 Can’t wait to see what she written!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on February 24, 2011, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Super excited!!!! I’m glad that pen and paper are her priority and not Twitter!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 24, 2011, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Cant wait to read Jo’s next.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on February 24, 2011, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Great to hear there will be more stories from Jo in the future, and that pen and paper is priority!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on February 24, 2011, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Interesting twitter report. keep writing Jo!

Posted by budgie on February 24, 2011, 08:56 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

Fantastic! Yay! I can’t wait to read her new works. She’s amazing.

Posted by potternotrotter on February 24, 2011, 10:37 PM report to moderator

I’m frustrated and relieved at the same time.

Posted by radishraven...WBM on February 25, 2011, 01:41 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I think she’s saying I’m still here and thinking about her readers and want us to know tht she is thinking about us. It’s like a friend popping in to say “Hi! Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you.” It takes time to write the great works tht she does and if she is working on several things at once then we can’t expect it to be out too soon. I’m glad she’s keeping in touch even if she does it only once every 6 mos because she has to.

Posted by molly43 on February 25, 2011, 02:50 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

I think she wants to make sure that no one is impersonating her out there on all those sights… ;-)

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on February 25, 2011, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

She’s hilarious. She basically tweets the same thing every time. She’s up to, like, three now, right?

Posted by Scylla on February 25, 2011, 04:17 PM report to moderator

As he soared upward... and the Horntail shrank to the size of a dog, he realized that he had left not only the ground behind, but also his fear... He was back where he belonged...[br]This was just another Quidditch match, that was all... just another Quid