"Order of the Phoenix," "Half-Blood Prince" Ultimate Editions Receive June 14, 2011 Release Date

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Stephanie_J
February 21, 2011, 07:16 AM

Home Media Magazine is reporting that the following two installments of the Harry Potter: Ultimate Edition DVDs will be released on June 14, 2011.

"Order of the Phoenix" and "Half-Blood Prince" are the next two films to receive the Ultimate Edition treatment just a month before the final film, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2," is released in cinemas.

Pre-orders are expected to begin on May 10. The two-disc Blu-ray set will have a retail price of $49.99 while the DVD versions will be $39.92.

Just like the previous Ultimate Edition releases:

Each ultimate edition has a new hour of the “Creating the World of Harry Potter” documentary series, which will total to eight hours when completed. Additionally the sets include a digital copy of the film, more than four hours of special features and such collectibles as a 44-page photo book, limited edition character cards and a lenticular card.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

OH MY GOSHH I WANT THEM ALL :))

Posted by potternotrotter on February 22, 2011, 05:50 AM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

OH MY GOSHH I WANT THEM ALL :))

Posted by potternotrotter on February 22, 2011, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Dreamtd_thumb

I asked my husband for the Ultimate Edition of the first film for Christmas but he bought the 2nd one instead (and be honest, I really liked the first film a lot more than the 2nd.) At this point I’m going to do what others have said and wait until all of the films have been released before I worry about special editions. I’m guessing that at some point down the road they are going to release some sort of Expanded Mega Fan Collection, probably housed in something that looks like Harry’s truck, just like they did for the books.

Posted by twilightdew on February 22, 2011, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Harryjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj_thumb

DEATH IS BACK CANT WAIT

Posted by SEHAL on February 22, 2011, 10:27 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Wait a minute. Now that I’m hearing all this about ultimate editions 3 and 4 I’ll have to look at my boxes (blue ray editions). Ultimate edition 3 says it includes movie says includes movie and 4 hours of special features, 48 pg photo bk w/rare images from yers 1-7, yr 3 lenticular card (two in a series and Edition 4)says it includes 5 hours of special features, 44 pg photo bk w/rare images from yrs 1-7; yr 4 lenticular card; both editions include a bonus digital copy of that expires oct 17, 2011. I haven’t opened it yet (still waiting for my son to look at it w/me) and don’t know what the special features are. But even knowing tht there is no extended versions I’m still happy with it for all of the other features they contain and the way the package looks. I’m also glad you guys gave me the “heads up” on it not being there. I won’t be so disappointed when I open them. You guys are really great. I’m off to wk now will ck back with the site tomorrow.

Posted by molly43 on February 22, 2011, 12:14 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Jumpin on the how-dare-they-not-have-UK-versions bandwagon here: seriously we’ve had no indication of them coming. What the heck are you at Heyman?

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 22, 2011, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Emily_spectrespecs_1_thumb

AWESOME!!! I can’t wait
Order of the Phoenix is my favourite film of all time!
are there UK editions???

Posted by Emy_Lovegood on February 23, 2011, 05:40 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

Sweet! I thought we’d have to wait until Christmas! Love the first 4, even if 3 & 4 didn’t have the extended version with all the deleted scenes in place like 1 & 2. I recorded Goblet of Fire from TV so I’d have the extended scenes in place. But I love all the great stuff in these ultimate editions!

Posted by Agrippa1 on February 23, 2011, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I have the double-disc edition of all the saga movies!!
I want the 7th

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on February 23, 2011, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

I can’t wait!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 23, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator
475968_thumb

The last two sets have been released in Late November/early December. I wonder with this early release of 5 & 6 if that means 7 & 8 will then be released late this year/early next year? *Rubbing hands in anticipation*

Posted by TarsieS (FTC) on February 24, 2011, 07:16 AM report to moderator

Molly43, I just checked my blue-ray Ultimate editions of 3 & 4 and the book and the cards are there. Did the person who said they weren’t buy them used or already opened? I do not think you will be disappointed. Am waiting for 5 & 6 but like everyone else was truly disappointed that the deleted scenes and additional footage were not added. Surely by now these numbskulls at WB realize that we diehard fans want it all and we want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on February 24, 2011, 12:43 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

That’s righ hewy. We want it all.

Posted by molly43 on February 28, 2011, 12:24 PM report to moderator

Did anyone look at the cover of OOTP’s ultimate edition? They used the backdrop of the opening broom ride to #12, but instead of the guard it’s the Ministry Six. So yes, we have Hermione Granger riding a broom with a bad mo-fo look on her face (luckily for Rupert the later covers have a serious looking Ron…remember the POA original cover where Harry and Hermione looked like buttkickers and Ron looked freaked?). But I should say Ministry FIVE…the Trio are there, Neville’s in the bottom background, and far in the top background is Luna…no Ginny though! I could make a joke or twenty here, but I won’t. ;) I noticed Ron got the closer foreground to Harry in the HBP UE cover too…first time in awhile for that.

Posted by kmac23va on March 17, 2011, 09:11 AM report to moderator

They were looking straight into the eyes of a monstrous dog, a dog that filled the whole space between ceiling and floor. It had three heads. Three pairs of rolling, mad eyes; three noses, twitching and quivering in their direction; three drooling mouths