LeakyTV - Feb 21, 2011

News
Posted by: John
February 21, 2011, 10:51 PM

LeakyTV Topic of the week! "What would you add to the Universal Wizarding World Park" if you were in charge of expanding it?

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

They should make they streets wider, have more shops you can go in instead of just store fronts, an awesome gringotts ride with the line through the lobby and then through some of the cells, and then a burrow with a ford anglia car ride coming out of it. It’s all ready amazing, but additions would be amazing!

Posted by Srose on February 22, 2011, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Img_7011_thumb

Here is my mental plan for the expansion – some i think will happen – so I KNOW will not!

The area known as Sinbad’s Village because a middle area to give distance between Hogsmead attractions and the eventual Diagon Alley. The area should include things like the Burrow and/or Godric’s Hollow. a large world cup like Quidditch Pitch is placed where the Sinbad show is. from the outside it looks open air but it is closed to house an apparatus to make it look like brooms flying. An ambitious stunt show is housed there with many tents around the structure house stores that are large in the inside but appear small from the outside. I think much of this will happen.
I would love to flight simulator type ride connected to the train so it feels like you are boarding and you arrive near the engine – They cant build track so it needs to be something like Star tours or that Seaworld Artic adventure ride. They WONT do this sadly. This will be ( in my mind) expansion 1. One new show and lost of things to see and even more shopping.

Then at the next bridge that takes you into the old greek area. This will house a diagon alley and nocturn alley using much of the real estate in front of Posieden’s Fury. Behind that in indoor coaster based on book 7 , gringots bank scene. ( it writes itself and we all know it ). Here is my only problem. Mythos. It’s Universal’s award winning flagship restaurant. If they retheme it they lose years of boasting rights with a new name. I have NO GUESS or suggestion how to handle that.

I ALSO dream of a new hotel by lowes next to the Royal Pacific that looks from the inside like the Ministry of Magic – think of that lovely Black tile in the tall lobby! WOW!

OK Now I just hope Universal does it all!

Posted by savvysavino on February 22, 2011, 09:36 PM report to moderator

I haven’t been yet, so I’m not sure they have this, but I think that the Owl post office ought to have the capacity to accept letters from anywhere in the US with another letter inside and then have that inside letter forwarded to a destination with the Hogsmeade postal stamp on it, like they do for Valentine’s Day at the different post offices like Loving, Texas. How cool to send your kid an acceptance letter from Hogwarts postmarked Hogsmeade ( even if it is Muggle post!).

Posted by Maestra2 on February 22, 2011, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Hewlett_packard_thumb

I’d add house common rooms. A flying ford anglia would be awesome but would be hard to make look like the inside of a car. I think that they should stop insisting that ravenclaw’s colors are blue and silver, though. An azkaban would be so cool. (But since when was it a huge tall triangular prism? Movie makers…)

Posted by spelljinxcursehexcharm on February 22, 2011, 11:40 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’d add a Hogwarts express train that would go from one end of the park to the next with special stops to different areas of the park. The inside would be just like the Hogwarts express train – the seats and compartments would be closed off and the trolley would not only sell snacks but with different things from other shops. The horn would sound and the steam could be seen.

Posted by molly43 on February 23, 2011, 12:50 AM report to moderator

"Kreacher is cleaning," the elf repeated. "Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of Black --"[br]"-- and it's getting blacker every day, it's filthy," said Sirius.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014