Join the Slug Club! - Slughorn, Page of the Day

Books
Posted by: John
February 16, 2011, 05:54 PM

Was being in the Slug Club a good thing or a bad thing? I recall there being lots of opinions on the nature of its existence and its exclusivity, but did the students end up feeling more pride or resentment for Sluggy and his club?

If you could still join the Slub Club, I imagine a good place to get Horace's attention is by editing his Leakypedia Page. It would certainly get ours, so much so in fact that it'd earn you 75 MyLeaky points! Only the first three MyLeaky member edits will earn points today, so hop to it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Wand_thumb

Hahaha! What’s with the picture? Sluggy was an interesting one, thats for sure!

First!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 16, 2011, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

I think/hope I was second to post.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 16, 2011, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

Points Points Points!

Posted by budgie on February 16, 2011, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

The pictures weird… But Slughorn was a very cool character. He proved that not all Slytherins were evil! Yay!

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on February 16, 2011, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Facebook_avatar_thumb

the pic is Jim Broadbent from Moulin Rouge, but I could be convinced that it’s just a young Horace :)

Posted by Arithmanceer on February 17, 2011, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Slughorn’s a interesting character. I don’t know how I’d feel if I had been in the Slug club,but it’s worth a try! Haha :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on February 17, 2011, 03:23 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Hmm an interesting topic.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on February 17, 2011, 03:47 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Points Points Points!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on February 17, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Lala_thumb

Sluggy was pretty cool. He really was the living essence of the Slytherin, and it was so awesome that he wasn’t at all evil. And he wasn’t really a huge coward, though he did have that stong sense of self-preservation. I started out really not liking him, but by the end I really did like him.
I don’t think I would want to be in the Slug Club. It just doesn’t seem like much fun. I wouldn’t want to have to be constantly flattering Sluggy, no matter how much I like him. And no one in the Slug Club besides Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville seem at all the kind of people that I would want to hang out with; they’re just pompous rich prats that didn’t have to work to get in. Something Sluggy’s not great at; recognizing that little people can have talent. Though to his credit, he let in Hermione. So it’s not a bad organization, just not the kind I would want to be a part of.

Posted by lunawannabe on February 17, 2011, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

yep, that’s moulin rouge, for sure. kind of a strange movie/musical, but really good nonetheless. :D

Posted by hermy007 on February 17, 2011, 10:31 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

John, does this mean you like Harold Zidler better than Slughorn?

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 17, 2011, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Don’t really understand what is with the picture for the article. Though I would like to be in the Slug Club and he shows not all Slytherins are bad. It would be a great networking opportunity.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 17, 2011, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

omg! I love slughorn club!
so funny that part of the book/.
great!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on February 18, 2011, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

My first impression of him : a has-been that only seeks to do the best for himself. Slughorn redeemed himself (at least for me) when he told Harry about his relationship with Lily Potter.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on February 18, 2011, 02:14 AM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

I love Slughorn! :)

Posted by potternotrotter on February 18, 2011, 07:33 AM report to moderator

"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014