Video: Stephen Fry Presenting Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema BAFTA to the Harry Potter Films

Film Awards
Posted by: Rosi
February 13, 2011, 06:55 PM

You can now watch a video of the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema BAFTA being presented to here on YouTube or embedded below courtesy of our wonderful Order Partner RupertGrint.net. Narrator of the UK Harry Potter audiobooks Stephen Fry presented the award. A press release about the award can be found here on the BAFTA website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I think it has been a miracle through out the years since the first book was published. We should all be very grateful that we happen to born and able to experience the legend of Harry Potter at this very timing in human history.

Cheers!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on February 14, 2011, 06:58 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Tarana, you have taken the words from my mouth – the films are fine, but nowhere remotely as brilliant as Mr Fry’s superb, magical reading. What he did with the books has never been achieved by anyone else, nor will it ever be matched in the future, in my opinion. The films deserve awards, no doubt – but Stephen Fry should receive ten awards for every award the films receive !!! Mr Fry, your many voices are Harry Potter – for me and many others.

Posted by siena on February 14, 2011, 09:48 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Watching the BAFTAs last night, I started feeling very nostalgic about the HP films. I’m mad about the books, but I’ve always been up and down about the films. Seeing JKR on stage with David Heyman and some of the filmmakers made me put aside all complaints. I know they worked very hard to do justice to JKR’s stories. I know that Dan, Rupert, & Emma gave half their lives to HP and it was a joy to watch them grow as actors. Everyone associated with HP deserves this recognition from BAFTA. CONGRATULATIONS everybody! This really has been the most amazing ride!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 14, 2011, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Bobby_tippingjpeg_thumb

well Rowan Atkinson wasn’t in the Films, was he? So not every famous British actor was in the Films.

Posted by Stoenk on February 14, 2011, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

really just one word comes to my mind:Beautiful!
HP’s been,and always will be,something unique.
This award is very well deserved! Congrats to all!

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on February 14, 2011, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Congratulations guys.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on February 14, 2011, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Homesick_thumb

CONGATULATIONS!! Truly deserved ;D but you missed out the best bit!! when jonathon ross goes TAKE THAT TWILIGHT

Posted by sonofravenclaw~WBM~ on February 14, 2011, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

gosh,i really don’t want this series to end

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on February 14, 2011, 11:05 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I also have to give a nod to “The King’s Speech” – one of the best films ever! Helena Bonham Carter’s acceptance speech was a joy to watch. I’m so glad they didn’t cut her off. Geoffrey Rush is one of the world’s best actors and I’m thrilled for Colin Firth. I’ve been madly in love with him ever since “Pride and Prejudice”. “The King’s Speech” only reinforces my belief that the British/Irish acting community is the very best in the world!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 14, 2011, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

Love it when Harry Potter gets awards!

Posted by sirius33 on February 14, 2011, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Green_sea_turtle_thumb

Congratulations to Jo, and to everybody involved in the Harry Potter films, and their wonderful contribution to cinema! And to the fabulous Stephen fry as well.

Posted by Butterfly Boy on February 14, 2011, 12:14 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

aww bless :)
how embarassing was it for stephen fry calling david heyman david warner :P lol
and i love the way JK Rowling is so modest hiding behind david and grabbing rupert for comfort :)
and i have to say that emma looked beautiful:’)

i am so proud to be a harry potter fan :‘)
dont want it to end:’(

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on February 14, 2011, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

AH! so wonderful! I wish Dan was there too..congrats my dear Potter friends! also,this is award to us,as much as it is for them. next stop- Golden globe and Oscars!

Posted by Matea on February 14, 2011, 01:05 PM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

My personal favourite was Wossy yelling, “Take that Twilight!” Cracked me up!

Posted by The Gryffindor Fox - ROAR! on February 14, 2011, 01:11 PM report to moderator

Great presentation last night! This was the reason I watched the BAFTAs!

Posted by Dawna on February 14, 2011, 03:40 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"We've got to get out of here," said Harry firmly. "Luna, can you help Ginny?"[br]"Yes," said Luna, sticking her wand behind her ear for safekeeping, putting an arm around Ginny's waist and pulling her up.