Video: Stephen Fry Presenting Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema BAFTA to the Harry Potter Films

Film Awards
Posted by: Rosi
February 13, 2011, 06:55 PM

You can now watch a video of the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema BAFTA being presented to here on YouTube or embedded below courtesy of our wonderful Order Partner RupertGrint.net. Narrator of the UK Harry Potter audiobooks Stephen Fry presented the award. A press release about the award can be found here on the BAFTA website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

34331_403384892123_513332123_4458541_4799967_n__3__thumb

Well done to everyone involved in the making of Harry Potter. A well deserved award.
It was funny when Stephen Fry called David Heyman, David Warner by mistake. Poor guy I could feel his embarrassment lol

Posted by potter2005 on February 13, 2011, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Snape_icons_collage_thumb

Congrats!!! :D Very, very, well done! ;)

Posted by jhlovesmusic {^HISS^} on February 13, 2011, 07:16 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I feel so proud. Don’t want this era to end. Please July, don’t come quickly!

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 13, 2011, 07:28 PM report to moderator

excellent, I hate the word ‘franchise’ as well, should call it potterchise, love his reference to the audio Potter books he voices :)

Posted by DavidTheUnready on February 13, 2011, 07:29 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Jo grabbing Rupert = awesome

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 13, 2011, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

Ooh, a very Slytherin dress, Jo ;o)
I loved watching this. I actually saw it on TV. I loved that Stephen Fry got to present this award. “Some people think that the movies are even beter than the outstandingly read audio books” or something like this, he said. Heehee. Never, Stephen, how could anyone think, the movies are better than your reading of the books? And Jo hiding behind David Heyman. Oh dear, she really isn’t a tada person, is she? (to quote her from one of the interviews) I missed the red carpet interview with Jo, Wow, writing hard. Yeah!! It’s great that Leaky provided us with the link to the BBC website. I wish I had been there. Despite the rain. Well deserved award for the movies, long due too! Can’t wait to see what prizes DH2 will get. Now, I’ll stop my rambling thoughts.

Posted by Tarana on February 13, 2011, 07:43 PM report to moderator

i need to watch this again and again.

Posted by andarocketship on February 13, 2011, 09:36 PM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

I’ve been watching this again and again since 2 hours ago. I just keep feeling them. My eyes are so red and puffy now. :(

I’m so proud of them!! I dont want HP to end!

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on February 13, 2011, 10:10 PM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

I’m so proud of them!! I dont want HP to end!

Ed-in-chief_thumb

“damn i named him!” LOL

God, I’m bawling!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on February 14, 2011, 02:26 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

For some reason I couldn’t submit a comment then. I just wanted to say, ‘Beautiful!’

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on February 14, 2011, 02:41 AM report to moderator
Alan-rickman-snape-008_thumb

I’m so glad they got this, they deserve it so much!

Posted by emkaro on February 14, 2011, 03:02 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

Congratulations to everyone:they deserve it!!!!!

Posted by CDR on February 14, 2011, 04:16 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

This was a very proud moment for British fans of Harry Potter books and films which have given countless millions of children and adults throughout the world hours of entertainment of a very high standard. The excellent story telling was solidly backed up by first-class actors, directors, producers, composers and all the crew involved in putting together this compelling series of films. It has be a truly magical time. Thank you, Jo.

Posted by Graymayne on February 14, 2011, 05:23 AM report to moderator

Congratulations to everyone involved in the films. Theyve outdone themselves every year without the thought of getting awards and now with this BAFTA theyre getting the recognition they deserve.

This is my first comment, joined leaky to know where did the photo of the trio came from, the one where theyre holding statues?

Posted by outabooks on February 14, 2011, 05:28 AM report to moderator

[i]Harry -- this is a Pocket Sneakoscope. If there's someone untrustworthy around, it's supposed to light up and spin. Bill says it's rubbish sold for wizard tourists and isn't reliable, because it kept lighting up at dinner last night. But he didn't real